Skip navigation

Massbad69's Sportline - Back again

Back to the top
Quick pics of refurbed rocker cover

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Hi

Just waiting on a forum member to remove his AUG box and I will collect it and when I get the money I am going to get it refurbed and then put on the car. At the same time I have a full gear linkage kit and rear diesel gearbox mount to fit. Hopefully will get the reverse lights working for the first time.

Prob not get it all done until the winter but who knows?

Still to get my longlife stainless exhaust done aftermy summer hold and my annual service to keep the FSH.

Still need the roof done at some point but I think I have done a fair bit in the 9 months that I have owned it.

Cheers

Chris

Back to the top
Just bought a new zinc battery clamp and bolt, a new zinc bonnet latch ( for a leftie, so will take it to work and get it sorted ), new zinc bonnet catch and a nem zinc coil bracket.

Going on hols in 10 days and when I come back I have the money todo either of these 2 things, which 1 should I do first ??

1 - Full stainless exhaust
2 - Lower the suspension with new springs and dampers

Advice please !!

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Go for the exhaust I would.

I would also leave the suspension as it is.

Be a shame to ruin the ride.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Go for the exhaust I would.

I would also leave the suspension as it is.

Be a shame to ruin the ride.

I know what you mean about the ride as I just for once had a lovely sunny drive for a couple of hours and our roads are in such a poor state. I just think the front sits too high ?

The easy option is the exhaust so mid August along to Longlife I think ?

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
So im not the only one that thinks they front sit to high then.

Im always thinking about new suspension and then I see it up the misses place on the bang even road and it looks sweet.

Back to the top
a beautiful car you have there  8)  8)

Back to the top
deffo the exhaust first! It will make you wan't to keep driving it!

Back to the top

marky4 said

a beautiful car you have there  8)  8)

Cheers Marky

Back to the top

Lee_dub said

deffo the exhaust first! It will make you wan't to keep driving it!

Cheers I have decided to go for the exhaust first as just not sure about the suspension as bignorm says

Back to the top
Just bought a JOM -35mm suspension kit and will fit the front first to see how it looks as I don't know if I want to lower the rear ?

Still going for the stainless exhaust when I get back from my hols as soon as I get a minute!

Got a wee prob with the engine stalling after a drive and then not restarting for a while so trying fuel pump relay first and them who knows??

Still waiting for the AUG box to be removed from another members car so I can collect it and then get it refurbed?

Gutted I missed the AGM but there will be next year!!!

Chris

Back to the top
I think you will be fine with just fitting the fronts.

Be interesting to see what its like.

Hope you get the stalling problem sorted soon aswell.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

I think you will be fine with just fitting the fronts.

Be interesting to see what its like.

Hope you get the stalling problem sorted soon aswell.

The stalling thing has just happened twice but it's a real pain waiting 20 mins for it to restart!!!!!!

I think you will be right it's only the front that gets me!

Hope you enjoyed the AGM and your car got plenty of well deserved attention!!

Chris

Back to the top
Just received my JOM suspension kit, thanks to JamesR for his great communication and swift delivery

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Hi chris

that looks pretty good. is it new?

the back of your car will always sit a bit lower due to the weight of the hood and frame etc but this should sort it out. be interested to see what's it like when on and how it performs over bumps, roads.

how was your holiday? rained a bit…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Hugh

Just going to put the fronts on first and see how it sits and then decide on the rears? The kit was bought of the forum and had done 300 miles so virtually unused, so hopefully they will do the trick!

Only had 2 days sun from 14 so good holiday but still gutted that Edinburghs weather was better!!!!!

Looks like I am going to have to work in Redcar from next Wednesday so gutted having to stay in digs and leave home for the possible forseeable future :-(

Going to car show on Sunday so cleaned golf today and it looks spot on, just need to get my new bits fitted and my exhaust done but going to be hard if I am in England !!

Glad you enjoyed the AGM will see you there next year!

Chris

Back to the top
Enjoy the vw show on sunday. Take plenty of pics…

The agm was great… made sure you have it in the diary for next year. Might be able to have a sportline mini meet there. 4 present this year… all in good shape too.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Hugh I will be there next year as long as I know about what weekend it is in plenty of time for booking my hols

Back to the top
Just ordered my new febi front top mounts and bits, spring compressors and new stainless bolts for my new suspension.

Also a spare electric roof pump which was a bargain on ebay and lastly a zinc plating kit to do my bonnet latch and other misc bits and bobs hopefully.

Hopefully if I get time and my mate to help I will get all the suspension fitted in a couple of weeks.

Also thinking about a single lamp debadged grill for a change but dont know  :dontknow:  Thoughts please  :|

Chris

Back to the top
Get the grill anyway. I've got the standard grill for my Rivage, a 2 lamp debadged, early 4 & 2 lamp chrome surround grills. When I fancy a change, just swap one over!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.