Skip navigation

Massbad69's Sportline - Back again

Back to the top
Hi

Just fitted my new cooling system and it all went very well for a first timer  :wink:

When all the bits were out I managed to get a lot of the engine bay cleaned and now just need the brake cleaner to do the block etc.

Changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm when I was at it as the rotor arm was starting to fall apart. Also put on my new red HT leads when I was at it.

Unfortunately just had a shoulder operation yesterday from a car crash last sept so I will be out of action for unto 12 weeks.  :(

I took some pics of the bay so when I get a new laptop I will post them up as I hate this IPad that I am using :|

Cheers Chris ( the left handed Typer )

Back to the top
Hey mate… Well done on all the jobs you got sorted. Sounds great!

Hope you are not too sore after op… Gutted for ya no driving for 12 weeks!

I guess plenty of time for surfing the forums…  :wink:  mind yourself…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Hugh

Hopefully I will be driving my daily late next week but can't see me in the wee car for a few weeks with the heavy steering?

Is it worth it getting the refurbed rocker cover from CQ or should I just paint mine later on ?
 If I get their cover I would prob have to get their fan cowling too as it will show mine up  :lol:

Chris

Back to the top
Chris…

If the job turned out pretty good on the rad cowling - I'd try the same on the rocker cover…

I did mine with some black heat resistant paint - sprayjob - turned out ok. Have to be careful as the rocker cover can get pretty hot…

Off to halford this eve to get some engine cleaner!

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Took a few quick snaps when I was doing the new cooling system and cleaning the engine bay

Just need the brake cleaner now to do the block and get the rocker cover painted

Cheers Chris

Last edit: by Massbad69

Back to the top
Good stuff Chris… My engine bay is something similar. Got some engine cleaner in halfords this eve so might give it a shot over the weekend - although plan to go horse racing on saturday :wink:

Gosh the underside of the bonnet looks mint.  :wink:

Got another to the register this eve… :lol:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Nice work, you bring back a lot of memories for me when I did my cab engine bay!

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
With my shoulder in pain after an op just done my badge refurb kit from chortle and 2 extra pics of mw new toy and my wee boys new toy

Back to the top
The Ferrari bike was my best purchase from ebay, for once it was an individual sale and not a power seller. It was up for start price of £150 and after checking it out on the Ferrari website where it was £500, I put a cheeky bid in of £150 not expecting anything.
Obviously I won it and my wee son who is car and especially Ferrari mad is over the moon.

It has disc brakes, 12 gears and came with a toolkit, DVD and a service history book  :dontknow:

Back to the top
With the help of my 13yr old lad, just finished getting the front wheelarches looking as good as they will ever be, fully cleaned and waxed and when the wheels were off, I waxed the inside of the wheels for protection and ended up black painting the brake shields and doing the calipers red.

Then ordered new wishbones, ball joints, bushes and fitting kits and also the 4 bushes for the front ARB. I am not confident enough to do them myself  :|  so might get the garage to fit them all when it goes in for its MOT soon.

Also bidding on steerring column boot on ebay for the MOT as well as mine has a big hole in it.

Tomorrow I am going to complete the clean on the 2 rear wheelarches and paint the drums black.

I am doing all of this left handed after a shoulder op and couldnt do it without my son ( he has plans for the golf to be his first car, no chance ).

I would take pics but I always forget at the time.

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Just remembered to photo using my iphone

Back to the top
Good job on the arch mate.

I could eat my dinner off it.

All with 1 arm aswell :-)

Back to the top
Ceri

The arch was hard hard going to get the tar and crap off but now its done it will be easy in future to look after.

Chris

Back to the top
Thats right mate, the hard work is done now.

Im going to do mine when I get my next week off work.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

As you have posted this quote 3 times are you going to take 3 weeks off work, you must have dirty arches  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Aarrgghh my bloody internet lol.

This just happend on another post I made.

I wish I could take 3 weeks off :-)

Back to the top
Was just at Volksfling at the weekend and the car was on the Lothian VW Clubs stand and it got some amount of attention  8)

It goes for it's Mot on Wednesday so I hope all goes well, it should be ok as I am slowly replacing everything.

At the same time it is getting new wishbones, bushes, ball joints and front ARB bushes fitted. Also a refurbed rocker cover from crazy quiffs with stainless bolts.

Lastly a new genuine VW steering column boot fitted.

That will be enough for this visit but I have a full gearbox linkage kit and rear diesel mount to fit or be fitted next month along with hopefully ( if I have overtime ) a full stainless longlife exhaust

Back to the top
Passed its MOT with nothing at all.

Just the steering column boot that I had already bought.

:cheer:  :cheer:  :clap:  :clap:  :cheer:  :cheer:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.