Skip navigation

AGM 2011

Back to the top

AGM 2011

As the owner of the only pink mk1 convertable I always have a laugh at what section to put my car into, it I feel doesn't fit into any of the categories, but I still love attending and watching peoples reaction.  
I do find the daily drive is probably the best for mine.
It would be nice to have some fun categories to enter :D

Back to the top

dubgolf2010 said

Has there been anything done yet about having more trade stalls on there this year???

As last year was a bit bleak on that side of it!!

i'll be there with the toolshack :)

Banner

Back to the top

Amanda said

As the owner of the only pink mk1 convertable I always have a laugh at what section to put my car into, it I feel doesn't fit into any of the categories, but I still love attending and watching peoples reaction.  
I do find the daily drive is probably the best for mine.
It would be nice to have some fun categories to enter :D

Definitely Modified!

T

Back to the top

dubgolf2010 said

Has there been anything done yet about having more trade stalls on there this year???

As last year was a bit bleak on that side of it!!

Give us a break!!!!!  :banghead:

For the past 3 years I've been trying to get more traders and before that successive committee members have also tried. Its very hard for people to commit to a show that in reality is still quite small .

If you or anyone else knows of a willing trader who wwould like to come along and take up a free pitch the let me know. If you're at a show before our event talk to them, give them my contact details secretary vwgolfmk1 .org.uk and ask them to contact me OR get a card from them and when you get home message me and I'll take it from there.

If everyone looks for someone, maybe we'll have loads of traders!!!!!

Back to the top
Sorry dude i must of come across as if i was having a dig n i wasnt at all i was only asking bud :mrgreen:

Saying that i have actually built up a few bits off my mk1 that i cud sell at AGM if im allowed??

And i have also got loads of bits from my old mk4 gti but dont think they would sell at the AGM or would they??

Banner

Back to the top
Autojumble? Yeah bring the stuff along if you can fit it in the car!!!

No problem re the trader… but the offer stands.

Back to the top
Ummm well what if an auto jumble would be better than traders that way it would be a bit more like how it was at tattern park last year at VWNW show???

Or have a mix up and do both auto and trader :dontknow:

Also was just reading the first couple of pages on this thread and read something that felix was saying about more catorgries for AGM and i was thinking of two simple ones :roll:

1 for best wheels and 2 was for best ICE??

or do we already do these :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top

dubgolf2010 said

Ummm well what if an auto jumble would be better than traders that way it would be a bit more like how it was at tattern park last year at VWNW show???

Or have a mix up and do both auto and trader :dontknow:

We encourage a mixture of autojumble AND traders.
IF you have autojumble - bring it along.
I'm trying to get traders interested but it hard work!!!  :roll:

dubgolf2010 said

Also was just reading the first couple of pages on this thread and read something that felix was saying about more catorgries for AGM and i was thinking of two simple ones :roll:

1 for best wheels and 2 was for best ICE??

or do we already do these :mrgreen:

We await Felix's contribution with anticipation. The number of catagories that the committee chooses refelects what we think are the more appealing ones. There is a budget for the trophies because after the owners' hard work we feel it only right to recognise the hard work - and expense with something really decent (in my opinion!  :wink: )

Back to the top
Totally agree with u bud it was an idea that's all coz I dint know if anything had been sorted  :dontknow:

But with the auto jumble I'll bring all I can fit in a second car I've bumpers and all sorts of stuff to get rid of lol

As well I'll have a mooch round on the web to see if I can find any companies ideally suited to mk1's

Banner

Back to the top
I brought a boot full of stuff, odd bits, badges, steering wheels and the like with me last year - sold enough to pay for my trip and empty a couple of the mk1 boxes in the shed!  :wink:

Will be doing the same this year  :lol:

You gotta love a good mk1 autojumble…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.