Skip navigation

Ace Cafe

Back to the top

Ace Cafe

jinsta said

:banghead: Not yet geez, leaving a cup on each side on the bad days…glad metro newspapers are free too really.

Cars under covers at moe and i've been driving the missis's Mini :redfaced: just coz its around. Have bought the seals from VW…just awaiting a clear day on the weekend now to put them in :roll:

If you need to park up in a garage for the afternoon you can use mine. It's not massive but it'll keep you warm and dry while you get on with it.

T

Back to the top
Cheers for the offer Tian :) but she'll hold out a lil longer - she knows next summers her turn for a makeover so not causing any fuss about the lil things right now :wink:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Is there going to be another meeting at the Ace? Nice to see Jinsta taking the lead.

Tim

Back to the top

James_W said

I keep meaning to go to Ace been passed it loads of times on the way to Ikea :)

Me 2 and i hate going to Ikea. No Choice  :banghead:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

TimHale said

Is there going to be another meeting at the Ace? Nice to see Jinsta taking the lead.

Tim

Not sure about lead geez…..as I'm a tad unreliable for that :whiteflag: but all up for helping out and doing my bit :wink:

Did mail Ace back and asked if we could get Aug date booked in for a proper owners meet - its a long way off…but leaves plenty of time to drum up interest (or come up with a excuse :) ) - just awaiting a conf!

The earlier part of the day is being used for kit cars which are always kinda interesting! (Worst case….I'll mysteriously breakdown in front of the exit….blocking em in in-case numbers aren't gr8!)  :mrgreen:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Well gots a email back from Ace and were booked in for a Mk1 Meet: SATURDAY 20TH AUGUST 2011 for 6PM Onwards  :mrgreen:

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx?view=1&date=01/08/2011%2000:00:00&m=08&y=2011

Should be plenty of time for fixing up the motors/having babies/making solid excuses to attend/organising alibis etc  :wink:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Well done mate, I hope I'm around but we're usually on holiday this time of year as it fits in with the School Club and Summer Break.

T

Back to the top
Nice one Jinsta…ill be there and anything else will have to work around it

you got around to doing the leaky seals on that cab yet mate

My shed is slowly building up with bits to go on mine but im still hoping the fairies will fit them for me….

Its funny i just cant seem to find the enthusiasm to lay under a motor in wet sub zero temperatures and work on a car..it must be my age ( im not so bloody stupid now ) lol

Again well done mate for sorting the meet out

John

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
I did actually get round to doing 4 outa 6 :) and its def helped the leaky bits near the handles (no need for the little pots now) - old seals were long shot so well overdue  :wink:

Still got few leaks though… :banghead: …spotted one coming in from above the accelerator pedal where its had a small weld job in the past…just needs a re-tack really, two very minor ones coming from the windscreen that Autoglass fitted (need to find the receipt as its apparently guaranteed) and rather have them sort & re-seat really…and another from the passenger side footywell area that needs investigating. Got her under covers for now as bit tooo cold at the moe.

Me tintops on hold too coz just haven't had time on weekends….must be the longest ever headlining job LOL

Incidently shout & thanks to u & Tian for recommending the seal fix  :)  - wish i knew about this earlier….my old Mx5 leaked at the handles all the time too….sure it would have been the same fix!

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.