Skip navigation

Ace Cafe

Back to the top

Ace Cafe

Not sure, but i'm late….leaving my house now :)

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Not the greatest of weather and not the greatest turn out…………..

I thought i was going to be the only one today having a lonely cuppa but then up pulled Tian and his boys.

We were soon joined by "Mark1classic" and "Jinsta" not quite a big gathering but at least we made it and i didnt look so stupid on my own.

May be next time the weather wont be so poor and we see a few more Golfs at Ace

Thanks guys……. :D

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
Good to meet you John and Jinster, I hope your car dries out a bit. Oh and nice to see Mark1classic again.

Shame there wasn't more of us but it was all good and I'll deffo come along next time. Oh and Jinster let me know if you're going to NWDUBS and I'll tag along!

T

Back to the top
It was nice to meet you too Tian..

Jinsta ill tag along too ….i still owe you that cuppa i promised

Back to the top
I turned up at 11am parked beside a black mk1 with bbs wheels, and saw nice cabby with ats cup wheel.  

Didnt want to walk into the cafe late as it wouldn't of looked good , so just headed off home.

Back to the top
We saw you drive past mate and wondered where the hell you disappeared to, you should have come in!

T

Back to the top
didnt think anyone was there, shud of came and called me over.  shame that, was looking forward to meeting mk1 owners, but the weather wasn't too great either.
So how many of you were there?

Back to the top
Just 4 of us

me..lagger (black cab )
Tian (white cab)
Mark1classic (tintop)
 Jinsta (black cab in car park)

Back to the top
Apologies, I woke up at 11:30 with a banging headache, 40 miles away from my car on the Isle of Dogs, on a mates sofa.  With the words "oh #### we forgot to buy glasto tickets".

Urgh.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Sorry John but a prior appointment in Manchester prevented me from meeting both you and Christian again plus a sheared gearbox mount was the other excuse.

The cab will be back to full health for another 'brass monkey' run, maybe in a few weeks?

Tim

Back to the top
Hi Tim…apart from the sheared mount i hope all is well with you both and look forward to seeing you soon
regards John

Back to the top
when is the next one going to be just got the mk1 back on the road after 2 years sorn

Back to the top

calico said

when is the next one going to be just got the mk1 back on the road after 2 years sorn

Don't know mate but give me some notice and I'll schlep over for a Coffee!

T

Back to the top
Good timing this - got these yesterday from the Ace team for a official mk1 meet date.

Ones for this year will clash with Xmas shopping:

*Wednesday 22nd or Thursday 23rd December 2010 6pm - 11pm

But this one further down the year could be good:

*Saturday 20th August 6pm - 11pm

Ace already pretty booked for next year, but if we roll with the Aug one, it will be stuck up on their website and mail blasts etc

We'd need a bigger turnout then the last meet (lol) but we could happily park inside this time  :wink:

What Say Really  :dontknow:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Im up for it ….
i dont mind the August or 22nd December but the 23rd is my birthday but if it suited others i will still be there

As you say Jinsta a better turn out is needed this time though as i dont think it matters how hard we try
me, you and Tian and Mark1classic will never be able to make the car park look full not even if we spread out and leave our doors open lol

What ever is decided ill look forward to it

Back to the top
LOL - Think we should do another unofficial link up soon :) but yeah….wouldn't mind having a official one booked in the diary!  Should have me tinny on road by bout March :)

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Yes mate im up for a meet

did you sort the leak out on you cab

Back to the top
:banghead: Not yet geez, leaving a cup on each side on the bad days…glad metro newspapers are free too really.

Cars under covers at moe and i've been driving the missis's Mini :redfaced: just coz its around. Have bought the seals from VW…just awaiting a clear day on the weekend now to put them in :roll:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Ill be up for it

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Jinsta ive got a pair of wellies if they are any use lol

ive got a few things i need to do but i think weve seen the last of the weather now mate…suppose ill just have to get wet
my thought for keep putting it off

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.