Skip navigation

Ace Cafe

Back to the top

Ace Cafe

Anyone fancy having brunch at the Ace Cafe this Sunday?

There's not much else to do and I don't fancy slippin' around a muddy field- so I am takin' a lazy run from the West Country to the Ace.

The Ace

Tim

Back to the top
Hi Tim...i dont live to far from Ace and would be happy to meet you there if you like.... John

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
Will be there about 10am, look for Inca Blue cab.

However the timescale could slip right.

Thanks

Tim

Back to the top
Hi Tim.. sorry im a bit late replying but i thought id change my hood today and ended up snapping the tension cable that runs round the back :banghead: ….been running around everyone i know that could possibly have one but no luck…will still be there though just got to hope weather holds out…im in a black gti cab
Just been looking at ace cafe website and noticed there is a Harley day on from 9 - 5 so will be busy
If you have any probs give me a ring 07932 722509
See you there

ps..i dont suppose you have a spare cable to sell

cheers

John

Back to the top
Hi John,

Great to meet you. What a great venue for a run- when is anyone organising another run to the Ace?

OK, it is a long haul but it takes in enough members from the Thames Valley and we met bikers from as far afield as Derby who had ridden down for Breakfast.

We drove up on the A303/M3 from the West Country but took the M4/A34 route home and had a near perfect drive through the Test Valley on the A30.

A great drive out.

Back to the top
Hi Tim…it was lovely to meet you both.Glad you had a good safe journey home…your right ace is a good meeting place funny though i live so near to it and yet ive never been there..
If you ever fancy going there again please give me a shout i will be there and hopefully some more people on here would like to come
Until next time

John

Back to the top
I arranged a meet to the ace last year.

Was around 10 of us cruising down the m1.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I keep meaning to go to Ace been passed it loads of times on the way to Ikea :)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
If I'm around I might come along. Wont be in the Cab though as the Insurance in locked in the safe and I can't get in it yet to get Road Tax.

T :banghead:  :banghead:  :lol:

Back to the top
im up 4 a meet at ace cafe i have got a mk1 cab

ryan stratton

if you aint scrubbing......... you aint dubbing

Back to the top
I've just noticed this was for LAST SUNDAY!

Doh!

T :imwithstupid:

Back to the top
Hi all..yes this was last sunday but there aint no reason why we cant meet again this sunday if any is up for it.
Ill look back on here a bit later and if anyone wants to meet ill be there
regards John

Back to the top

lagger said

Hi all..yes this was last sunday but there aint no reason why we cant meet again this sunday if any is up for it.
Ill look back on here a bit later and if anyone wants to meet ill be there
regards John

Tell you what. Why don't we settle on next weekend. That way I might even have a car ready and we may get some more interest.

What do you say?

T :wink:

Back to the top
Next weekend will be doubtful for me unless its sunday afternoon...made plans with my youngest son and wont be back till about 12 ish but i do live about 5-10 mins from ace cafe

Back to the top
What about doing it on a Sunday in the winter as there isn't a lot on show wise, Might also be able to get a few more people out?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

lagger said

Next weekend will be doubtful for me unless its sunday afternoon…made plans with my youngest son and wont be back till about 12 ish but i do live about 5-10 mins from ace cafe

No worries I'm only up the road too so I can make it pretty much anytime provided I get my day pass in early. I'm only about five miles away if that!

T :wink:

Back to the top
Ill look back on here in the morning in case anyone fancies meeting tomorrow (crap its tomorrow already)…
anyway if anyone wants to meet just post a time on here and ill be there
regards John

Back to the top
yer i cant do it this month but and day next month is wicked :D

if you aint scrubbing......... you aint dubbing

Back to the top
OK,

The first post attracted just two members (thanks Lagger), is anyone interested in a 'Autumn or Winter Run' to the Ace?

Last time, we met up at 10:30 when it was starting to fill up with the usual Sunday breakfast crowd and had a really good time.

Mindful of the encroaching dark and wet, why not arrive a little later and meet up one Sunday in October or for the really brave- a 'brass monkeys' run in December?

Tim

Back to the top
Hi Tim…that sounds great and i know you have a long way to come but maybe we could get a bit of a regular meet going at the Ace Cafe

There must be quite a few of us Golf nuts around this part of the country so speak up and lets get together…

you can never have too many friends

John

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.