Skip navigation

NW Meet: Club Stand **Hoghton nr Preston Sun 12th sept**

Back to the top

NW Meet: Club Stand **Hoghton nr Preston Sun 12th sept**

confirmed see you there at the Boars Head car park.

Back to the top
ok all, Every thing is in place…  All confirmed..

Just one oversight, I have read the instructions again.. Display cars need to be in place by 9:30

Can we meet at 9:15? at the boars head

Cheers
tony

Back to the top

Back to the top
noted foxy,

will keep your number with me incase someone drops out..  you can still put your car on display in the general area for £6 entry fee i think.. check their website , at top of post

see you tomorrow
cheers
tony

Back to the top
How did it go Tony??? Well I hope  :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
After a shaky start it turned out into a great event!

Review of the day and photos

here  http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=90504&highlight

Back to the top
We met up at the Boars Head and made our way to the car show at Hoghton Tower.  

Unfortunately when we got there we were told the show had been cancelled due to the weather and a possible show would be organised  for Oct 3rd. :banghead:

Not to be detered by the cancellation or the rain and especially because owners had come from as far as Liverpool and Skipton we
decided to make a day of it, and after introductions and a demo from Jetta on his power Steering we decided to head for the Beach  Cafe in St.Annes.

A brief stop at Preston docks to meet up with foxymk1 in his GTV  :?  and budge in a nice mk2 and we were off, and the weather started to pick up.

We passed Fairhaven Lake and spotted another car show. It was the Blackpool Vehicle Preservation Groups Show  http://www.bvpg.co.uk  
We continued on to the Beach Cafe for a brew and some photo's.

The weather had really picked up by now and after and hour headed for the car show and pulled up at the entrance. The organisers let us is and gave us a cracking pitch on the coastline. Before I'd even got the club banner out we were attracting a lot of interest  :D

Another mk1 owner at the show then joined us with his white cabby and of course superworm was there with his Riley Elf (nice to see you again Alan)  8)

All in all it turned out to be a great day after a shaky start.  A big thanks to all that attended! and thanks to mrs mellrig for the sausage rolls :wink:

Cheers
Tony

Here's some pics

show cancelled

Jetta give a demo :wink:

power steering vs Standard column

on the docks at Preston

Beach Cafe

Great spot (foxymk1, PNERivage, andybury, Jetta, kgmk116v, Mellrig)

Joined by another Mk1

Foxys project

Mk2

Elfie

Back to the top

Back to the top
Glad it turned out ok for you all in the end :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
for those who were interested in going to the Unphased meet it is this thursday and I have put a post up

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=602738#602738

Back to the top
ok, guys  just an update on the show.. unfortunately it aint gonna happen at hoghton tower until Sunday 26th June 2011,  I'll have a go at organising it again then  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.