Skip navigation

Calling all south west users!!

Back to the top

Hey guys, iv been thinking… (oh no) well actually richyhill got me thinking..

How many of us south west nuts are there?

I mean, theres bound to be a few people from the south west, why do we not have a big regional meet???

So, I'm stepping forward, putting my feelers out there and seeing whos about, can you all please please please post up your locations and maybe a pic?? and if you would be up for travelling a bit once a month maybe or bi-monthly.

I'm asking EVERYONE From Penzance to Bristol to step forward and let me know who you are :)

Once a i have an idea of whats about ill see wheres central. I'm sure there plenty of you who are dieing to meet mk1 owners.

this is basically a register for us all :)

thanks guys :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
have a search under the 'SWM' title and you'll find quite a few old members from around 2006 - maybe they just needing a nudge to get them going again.

The meeting point for them was The Cribbs Causeway Retail Centre of the M5.

THIS was quite a good turn out.

Who was that mystery guest who travelled from afar to attend another regions local meet. Must have been keen back then!  :wink:

Back to the top
yeah iv been pushing out LOADS of pms to people around cornwall and bristol…

iv been searching like mad and really trying to get a bristol meat up and running but i was thinking although im in bristol, running a meet in exeter, but i wanna get a rough idea of peoples areas, after all, if most are very south then exeter will be mint but if there all north devon then maybe something like barnstable..

it would be nice to get a good turn out once again for south west.. everyone seems to of sold there golfs :(

Back to the top
M5 to Barnstaple is about 45 minutes isn't is? So if owners were 30 up or down or around the M5 then it wouldn't be tooo much to ask to travel a bit would it?

A 90 minute drive to a meet is reasonable I think, especially around North Devon!!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
yeah exactly :)

i could be on to something here… haha

we will see what people think when they see this thread :) fingers crossed!

Back to the top
When I got the car sorted I'm up for this.. well done for stepping up dude! you know where I live.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I'm in Yate, Bristol (as you know :D )

Quite happy to drive up or down the M5 if it means meeting a few more bods along the way.  That is of course if/when my Golf ever decides to work!!!

Back to the top
I'm in central Bristol, but then again, I think most of you know that….

Back to the top
im in perranporth cornwall,  up for abit of a travel for a meet as ive tryed to find other mk1 in cornwall but only found  one on here  :cry: so any news is good news  :P

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Keiron foster Forever Fund for Meningitis UK

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
I'm, as you know in Bristol. Well up for some more meets. Hey give us a bell any time if ya fancy hookin up. Last litle meet was a laugh 07890361976

In Dorset, a "technical" usually involves bailer twine and a lump hammer…….

Back to the top
goood goood!

keep em comin guys! and tell everyone you know in the south west :)

im aiming for a REAL meet, like BIG lol…

Back to the top
Sounds good,be nice for a meet of mk1's VW show next weekend at Stithiens in Cornwall I will probably go if I do I'll try and speak to any Mk1 owners to get them on this great website might help :D

Back to the top
hey add another mk1 to the list! and i will be at stithians, fingers crossed!

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
It would be a good idea to get a list of phone numbers once we get a bit further down the line.  Not everyone has access to the website all the time so we could send out reminders over text or something :)

Would be good to rival the Milton Keynes guys - they seem to have it all wrapped up nicely.

Back to the top

dan_73 said

hey add another mk1 to the list! and i will be at stithians, fingers crossed!
where in cornwall are you  :lol:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Keiron foster Forever Fund for Meningitis UK

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
thanks for posting guys :) keep em comin.

i need YOU to make all this happen.. :)

Back to the top

neo283 said

It would be a good idea to get a list of phone numbers once we get a bit further down the line.  Not everyone has access to the website all the time so we could send out reminders over text or something :)

Would be good to rival the Milton Keynes guys - they seem to have it all wrapped up nicely.

i was thinking exactly that too :)

ill do it a bit further down if i get enough interest, ill get a second phone and use it for all you golf nuts :P

Back to the top

south west meet

Im in swindon mate,sorry to hear about the golf gutted for ya :cry:

Back to the top
cheers man :) ill add ya to this list :) that will bring it a little more central..

maybe north devon :)

Back to the top
Outskirts of Bristol mate, Shirehampton BS11, as we have discussed im all in for getting everyone together and pulling a really good southwest lot together, if we can the meet with berkshire lot and the Welsh lot could have a some really good gatherings.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.