Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf Owners Autumn Show/Camping@Malvern October 10th

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf Owners Autumn Show/Camping@Malvern October 10th

Well it's not exactly Uttoxeter Racecourse and there's no bar or disco organised, but this venue was my 2nd choice for this years AGM  :wink:  

Held at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern Classic Car show is on the Sunday 10th October, camping on Saturday is available for those who fancy it…………last year Yomp, Daz1971, Bouchay, Nurseman, Ralph and myself revelled in the challenge of camping in October and had a blast partly thanks to Daz's chimnea burning all night and Ralphs curry, rice and naan breads (and a few drinks :mrgreen: )

On the Sunday we were joined by 13 more for the show itself, where we set the stand up infront of the camping and were by far the biggest stand on the day and also got runners up for best club display (beaten by the vintage police cars stand, who had there sirens and blue lights running around the show during the day).  We also took the oppurtunity to shove all the mk1's into the display arena when it came to our 2 categories - 1970's (Watson) and then the 1980 - 1993 (everyone) and filled up half of it  :mrgreen: .  Andy(A5OPY) got collared for an interview with the man on the tannoy (still got to find the video), he didn't do bad, especially as he had no time to think of what to say, the first he knew about it was as everyone around him suddenly disspersed like a bad smell, revealing a man with a microphone  :mrgreen:

So if your up for camping on Saturday night or just doing the show on the Sunday, put your name down, it's a smashing show with loads of classics and huge autojumble.

So to clarify it's…

The 10th Malvern Classic Car Show & Autumn Spares Day
Three Counties Showground, Malvern
Worcs
WR13 6NW

The show is Sunday 10th October, camping is available on Saturday night 9th October

Cost is £3 per car

Who's interested

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Me, me , me, me and I shall be camping this year to keep you lot safe from stray birds!!!!! :wink:

Back to the top
i could take the 2 wheeled cooker for eh cooking if thats ok muttley  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

GHIA said

Me, me , me, me and I shall be camping this year to keep you lot safe from stray birds!!!!! :wink:

I'll be there too with mini me.

T

Back to the top
Wow!! People getting in quick this year  :P

For anyone wondering what it's like, click the link for last years show………….

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=71496&highlight=malvern

A couple of photos of the Saturday evening and the Sunday show   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
1. Gammy
2. GHIA
3. Bert
4. Tian
5. richyhill
6. ans4r

this ones only about and hour and a bit drive for me, and cabby comes off road end of october for winter so i'll be there, prob camp as well, will see how many of the bristol / swindon lot me and mixerman (jamie) can get interested as well :-)

p.s thanks for all your efforts at retro rides Gammy

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
im in .......

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
bring halal burgers  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
:( I'd love to but that's the weekend of my wedding.  Pretty sure the missus would have something to say about me nipping away for a few hours to attend a car show!

Back to the top
Yea I up for that …Me too   :D

Back to the top
Got a reply from the organisers and we're all good for camping, but like last year we cannot set up till 4pm..which worked out well for us last year  :wink:

Last time we pitched up next to the barn, I've asked and we're O.K to set up to the side of the toilets/shower blocks this year  8) , so no long walks or borrowing Ans4r's bike  :twisted:

So at the moment we have…………

1. Gammy
2. GHIA
3. Bert
4. Tian
5. richyhill
6. ans4r
7. Felix

So who else is interested in joining the Mk1 Golf Owners Club this Autumn at Malvern, in a mini, no frills, make it what you want Autumn meet/classic car show?
  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

malvern

hoping to get to this gammy !  :D

Back to the top

Malvern

Yep, stick me and NikNaks down for this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Back to the top
i possibly will do this gotta check that ill be getting weekends off from october again but sounds gd im always up for a bit of camping n a few beers and possibly a car show

Back to the top
Be good to see you all at the last camping show of the year  8)  8)

So we have at the moment…………

1. Gammy
2. GHIA
3. Bert
4. Tian
5. richyhill
6. ans4r
7. Felix
8. n11kgh
9. Sparkstu & NikNak
10. Marshy

Everyone's welcome  
:wink:

Back to the top
would love to come all year round but as works seasonal weekends are mandatory and i wanna save my holidays for a real holiday.
mrs marshy hates me using holiday days for the mk1 agm

Back to the top
:read: love the pics from last year…….. :D  Count me IN .. think we need a bigger chimnea :?
DDDazzzzzLe
 :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Sir 'B' & Nurseman, where are you…. :lol:  :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
Defo count me & Nurseman in :D, sorry for late reply, been on holiday in Sorrento Italy ;)

Back to the top

daz1971 said

Sir 'B' & Nurseman, where are you…. :lol:  :lol:

my god………..response in seconds!!!!! lol

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.