Skip navigation

Papyrus Green Bermuda import

Back to the top

Papyrus Green Bermuda import

Just picked up a nice cabby. Originally from Bermuda and imported to sunny Scotland 10 years ago. 1.6 auto whihc is as slow as a week in the jail….but cool none the less. Got a few plans….but ultimatelly want to get it back to being minty fresh.

One pic for now….will get it cleaned later and get more picks up

Back to the top
nice

Back to the top
So now my other plaything, my W8 is runnin ok it's time to get back to startin the lil 3 speed auto  8)

So 1st thing tonight was to get to back up an running as it's not been started since DC10.5. So new battery that was picked up from Brian at the Van centre on Saturday was fitted, turned over and over and over and nowt. Jumped it onto a W8 battery and hey presto running. Quick blast round the block (well slow really  :redfaced:  :redfaced:  ) to make sure all was well and back into the garage.

Next up analyse the rust an whats gonna need to get sorted. Bay is shockin so reccon it's gonna be engine and box out for the re-spray to do it properly. Bonnet also has a lil bit of rust on the leading edge so maybe will replace that as well.

Then started having a look at the arches. As with most mk1's they have the plastic arch spats which are brilliant at storing water an sh!t ready for rusty rusty  8O  8O
But looky looky

Only a tiny bit of bubble down at the bottom

Then got down to getting the tailgate off as it's scrap.

So a lil bit of progress, but it's great working on a mk1 again…..everything is so easy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Good day yesterday…

Started with getting the wings off ready for the new ones going on when it gets painted.

Drivers side was original and anyone that knows how good VW were with the original underseal knows they can be a bitch to get off, but came off anyhow. Passenger side was a replacement part so came off in 2 ticks

Anyways was desperate to see what condition the inner wings were in and lo and behold…..minty fresh

So wings and bonnet are off, all wiring is sitting on the engine ready for the engine and box to come out. Rad etc is all out along with grille and lights etc….not much to do before the 19th

Also took a speaker off expecting to see original speakers, but nice lil JBL replacements

Back to the top
Looks okay,
Have you re done the auto box ATF?
There is a sticky on it in the running gear section probably, with a step by step I did on changing the fluid. So much better once this is done.
Love the colour too. This will look nice once it's done.
Where is the tailgate?

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Hi,

Not done anything with the engine or box yet, but the fluid change sounds good as it tends to lurch into gear at times. With the engine and box out I'll give it a good old clean up. Runs fine other than that.

As for the tailgate I took it off as it was too far gone along the bottom edge. Picked one up thats de-locked and badged which fits very well with my plans for the car :D

Back to the top
Looks pretty solid though.
I have seen worse needing lots of welding so that has stood the test of time fairly well.
What's the plans on the hood?
There us a similar car on here in colour that has, by the looks of it an original tan coloured top.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

chortle said

Looks pretty solid though.
I have seen worse needing lots of welding so that has stood the test of time fairly well.
What's the plans on the hood?
There us a similar car on here in colour that has, by the looks of it an original tan coloured top.

Hood is near new so that will be staying, but lots of other stuff planned that include these :mrgreen:

and

Back to the top
Veyr nice, you been to mike the polisher with those bad boys?!?

Back to the top
Veyr nice, you been to mike the polisher with those bad boys?!?

Back to the top
Yep Mike and Daz are responsible :lol:

Only 15 mins away and have done lots of stuff for me. Daz did this on my other car….epic work removing cast lines and original finish….best in the business :D

Back to the top
Nice work there mate

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
thats alot of hard graft gone into the W8, K-razy ;-)

Back to the top
Engine…..

Not in the bay :D

Need to do a bit of tidying on the engine and box

Front panel getting replaced

Goes in for paint on Sunday…..can't wait

Back to the top
Engine

Not in the bay :D

Lil tidying to do

Front panel getting replaced

Got picked up for painting on Sunday so started tidying the engine and box. Lots still to do, but a good start 8)

Back to the top
Car's in primer….can't wait to get it back and get started with putting it all back together

Back to the top
Me is happy laddie….well with one car anyway  :D

Primer blocked and masked up ready for final paint

Paint finish from the gun, still to be blocked and polished

Back to the top
Looks like a great job out of the gun, I'm loving that colour!

Back to the top

Inka said

Looks like a great job out of the gun, I'm loving that colour!

Took my time to choose the guy doing it and have seen a bit of his work and he's proper good. He's taking his time and it should be perfik by the time I get it back…..can't wait :)

Back to the top
nice paintwork mate.....looks cool
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.