Skip navigation

GYD 20v turbo

Back to the top

GYD 20v turbo

haha isent it just was gunna go with the white on white look but thought heyyyy why not be diffrent and give the mk1 a little colour  :wink:

Back to the top

Back to the top
makes them do more than that cooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ta hell il have my gimp suit at the ready  :wink: lmao

Back to the top
so my engine finaly arrived and now this one being the one i need ( AGU ) i have been able to crack on with it :) so to start with i have stripped everything off it i dont need air con power steering ect ect

befor

after

im now waiting for a delivery for my mk2 golf 16v tensioner / AGU cambelt and water put ( metal veined ) i tryed the gear box up tonight and bein a vr6 box it doesent fit so im gunna have to either go about a diffrent bellhousing or a diffrent box ( mk2 16v ) im ordering my engine mounts either this week or next and then shouldnt be to far off gettin the engine in ( RELEIF )

anyways i managed to get my wheels all built up and even tryed one on the car :D

Back to the top
its coming along nicely mate  8)

if you end up selling the VR6 gearbox can u give me a shout as i need one for my caddy  :D

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top
Finally you got an engine trav.

If you want any tips, just tell me…

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
mkoneman

the box may be up for sale as yet shall pm you if so

GTInCyprus

yes FINALY   8) alot of hassel tho but got there in the end i received my cambelt / tensioner + bolt and water pump today im also ordering my engine mounts tomorrow so things are starting to look up

Back to the top
engine mounts are ordered  8) thank you crazy quiffs  :D

Back to the top
will be mounted in no time then  8)

Back to the top
gotta figure out how the gear box fits to the engine as im runnin a vr6 box i have to fit a new clutch cambelt water pump and tensioner THEN bolt it in lol then il be making another phone call to crazy quiffs and order my self a hydrolic clutch box  8)

Back to the top

Back to the top
cheers foxy BUTTTTTT iv been told i need to use a diffrent bell housing  :? to fit the engine  :dontknow:

Back to the top
6 cylinder gearboxes dont fit on 4 cylinder engines it is different bell housing on effectively the same box and for the effort to change the bell housing over you may as well just get a o2a/o2j box that will fit on, u can fit the g60/abf flywheel with a vr6 clutch to replace the mk4's duel mass flywheel

also if u fit a mk4 box (o2j) u will need 100mm cv cups to fit from a o2a box as the mk4 has bigger ones

hope this helps

Back to the top

Back to the top
mkoneman

thank you mate  8) thats a great help

Back to the top
so after tonight i have desided im gunna have to sell the vr6 gear box and get a mk3 2.0l 16v box  :banghead: more hassel lol

anyways i received my AGU cambelt and water pump also a mk2 tensioner and bolt this week :) aswell as receiving my master cylinder for the clutch a few weeks ago so after todays antics with the gear box i desided to TRY and take apart my starter motor for a good clean up  :D

the cat lendin a paw  8)

BEFOR

AFTER picture to yet come  :)

AND my bosses project

BEFOR

and 3 months later with ALOT of hard work

Back to the top
received my engine and gear box mounts today and would like to thank crazyquiffs for a super fast delivery  :D

Back to the top
so i got my engine mounts / painted the starter motor and bought a momo team 180mm steering wheel  8) i seem to have the wrong gear box so now im on the look out for 020A mk3 2l 16v gear box then all i need to do is fit a new clutch and frust bearing fit the cambelt / tensioner and water pump then the engine can go in  :D not long now  :)

starter motor

engine mounts

steering wheel

Back to the top
8)  8)

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
wiring loom = sorted :D after hours of cuttin / strippin / connecting and heat shrinking the looms all tidyied up and now waitin to be wraped after i have found out witch wires are needed and not needed :)

all done and cabel tied together just to tidy it all up

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.