Skip navigation

GYD 20v turbo

Back to the top

GYD 20v turbo

Alpine White for the win. Looking very tidy already :)

1991 mk2 golf ryder (deceased)
1983 mk1 golf 1.8 Gti Mars Red (stripped)
1987 mk1 caddy 1.6d Matte Black (deceased)
1990 mk2 golf 1.8 8v Gti Tornado Red (sold)

Now car-less and looking for a long term ride. 

Back to the top
cheers mate  :) will feel even better about the whole thing when my engines in and running

totaly random question but do you guys hold your own meets and shows ect

Back to the top
I go a meet every once in a while bout 25 miles from me then thers a show just up road from me tht Im goin to think its this weekend. Plus meet up wi few mates who are into their dubs just for a dick about. Wer u loacated come this meet near me if u fancy it. Its near stafford in midlands :)

Back to the top
sweet cheers mates yeah il have to when the golfs all up and runnin and is out  8) only on a nice day tho :P im plannin on doing a few shows next year with it BRING ON THE SUMMER ONCE AGAIN

Back to the top
I can only dream of showing my old girl next summer I got BIG plans for her so shes guna be off road for a good while yet. Wana show the mk2 next summer show season tho. Its pretty tidy. Didnt need much work doin til some twat knocked me wing mirror off on a 60mph road and dint stop so now window motor wnt push it back through bent frame :'(

U got a daily or just the project?

Back to the top
yeah iv got big plans for mine  :wink: and only got 6 months to do it in  :P shouldnt be to hard to turn the whole thing around in that time

Back to the top
What you got planned? 1.8T engine conversion obviously. I've given myself 2 yrs to do mine. But mines goin to be total nut and bolt rebuild I been workin on it 6 months already :s. Think major change is guna be suspension Im just startin to research about suspension to help me decide what route I wana go down with it. Not sure what Im guna do with the engine. Maybe overbore n gasflow. Need to look into it all properly before I decide. Wna keep it lookin as original as possible on outside :D

Back to the top
bonnets in primer as you may well no and heres the pictures you have to bare in mind the bonnet was F****D iv tryed my best to get the correct lightin on the bonnet to prove this but you can clearly see the dents ect that was in it

then i sanded the bonnet down pickin out all the low spots/high spots

goin back on my self befor hand id preped the underside of the bonnet gettin rid of any rust ect

goin back to the top side of the bonnet haha  :D

so it was time for the filler

and when complete

then primmer and once again usin the light as best as i can to show how flat i got it

then i flipped the bonnet back over to the under side and re-sealed it

as thats drying over night il have to wait to rub the primmer down some time this week then a lick of paint will be in need of il up date at the weekend once again alot should happen this weekend coming STRIPPING IT RIGHT OUT  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
:rockon: great work mate,will be keeping my eye on this  8)

Back to the top
cheers mate gettin there slowly :D 6 months and countin

Back to the top
update  8)

been busy over the last week if your reading this please read right to the bottom of this update seeming as iv hit a bit of a problem with wiring  :banghead:

any ways to start with i got the inside totaly stripped out

i moderfied my vr6 gear selector box so it would fit in the tunnel underneith the golf i had to cut around the bottom of the box as you can see the pictures will do the talking

standard

moderfied

and fitted

seeming as the interior was out i desided to take my clocks out the dash and take them apart seeming as im goin to be fittin digital rev / speed meter

i know were i stand with my clocks now so theyl be stayin in that state intill i have purchased my new digital clocks  :D

then the rear bumper and lights came out to then find a little rust around the tow eye

seeming as im goin to be cuttin of the towing eye and welding the hole up that shouldnt be a problem

NOW THE PROBLEM some tard to had this befor me has realy gone to town on the wiring loom i desided to take it out to re-wrap it so it all looks nice and its a good job i did

wirin loom out

so then i grabbed an old bed sheet to protect my mothers carpet 8) and started to strip away the old electrical tape and insulation

as i got through it all i came across alot of white and what seemed to be black gaffer tape  :dontknow:

to come across majorly burnt and gashed wiring

im not sure on how to go about this weather to cut the bad bits out and re join it propperly or to try and purchase a new one any thoughts would be great

many thanks people

trav  :)

Back to the top
Oohh. your loom looks better than mine :lol:

i have to buy another one too :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
were will you be buying yours mate

my looms shagged i could put it right but would much rather a new one

Back to the top

travisreeve said

were will you be buying yours mate

my looms shagged i could put it right but would much rather a new one

i m gonna try to fix my loom, cuz of there is no new one.
also there are problems with  engine loom.
im using mk4 golf loom so both loom needed to combine :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
aha  8) im using my original loom sending my mk4 loom off to Q-peng and then pluging them both up  :D

Back to the top
im arfter a set of clocks with a rev counter in it if anyone knows of one

im takin it will fit straight in as well seeming the only diffrence beeing is the rev counter is replacing a clock witch i seem to have in mine

Back to the top
small UPDATE  8)

i have bought my AGU 20v 1.8t engine its gettin deliverd tomorrow  :D i cant wait. In the last week i had managed to find the time to paint my bonnet and i also have a set off bbs wheels ( 2 piece splits ) there nothing special but will be okay for the summer 2011  :wink: i have also got my head around the wiring loom and will be finishing it off when i have bought all the new wrapping ect

bonnet painted

wheels  8) i have polished all the bolts shiny shiny :P and the plan is to paint these the same colour as the car white on white  :wink: LOVELY was gunna go with a wacky colour the idea was either pink or blue but the image of white seems better at the minute these wheels are only at a refurbed state ( PRIMER )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ only a sneaky shot :P

Back to the top
so over the weekend i painted my wheels and a few other bits and put a few things back into the engine bay this monday or tuesday il be takin collection of my engine seemin as the bloke i bought my 1st one origanly sent me the wrong engine :( so il post more pics up durin the week some time

AND from this

to this WOOPS  8)

and built up with nice shiney shiney bolts put back in

i no its not to everyones taste and i was gunna go with the white but the pink was a little over powering seeing it at work  :wink: and plus its diffrent witch i like  8)

Back to the top

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.