Skip navigation

GYD 20v turbo

Back to the top

GYD 20v turbo

hello peoples im fairly new to the forum my names trav and i recived the keys to my 1st mk1 golf  8) its a 4 door ona 82 plate and couldnt wait to start what i have lined up for this so the work began iv just taken the 1.0L engine and gear box out (3 gears QUALITY  :lol: ) ready to start fittin a 1.8t AGU engine pics will follow as car makes progress  :mrgreen:

iv cut my engine mount off and next step is to reweld it back on remove a few more bits and start cleanin the bay up ready for paintin

Back to the top
nice car mate.

is that a classic bmw i can see in the back?

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
cheers mate

indeed it is not mine tho

Back to the top
Looks tidy. Keep us updated.

Are you selling that 1.1 downpipe?

Back to the top
just to keep this alive i have been strippin down the engine bay tonight ready for a major clean and to re-weld the engine mount back in the right place ready for paintin and then to start gettin the engine in  8) CANT WAIT

will post pics up tomorrow  :D

Back to the top
UPDATE

so yesterday and today iv been cleanin out my engine bay with some major de-greasers a brush some thinners a scotch brite and a jet wash also 2 hours of bein soaked  

today jamie newland welded my engine mount back in the correct place and then i cut out 2 holes in my front panel so the intercooler can be seen and welded up my bumper holes  :D smoothy smoothy

clean bay

engine mount were it needs to be

holes cut in front panel and bumper holes welded up

NEXT TO COME

de-grease and scotch engine bay ready for paintin bit of filler primer and sealer then paint the bay

Back to the top
update guys not much but keepin this alive

so iv fillerd the front panel and straightened the bottom were it had takin a bit of a smack befor and also removed the wings ( major arse never seen so much seeler haha )

smoothy smoothy

wings are off  (new ones are in need of)

this weekend should have the bay painted FINGERS CROSSED

Back to the top
GOOD PROJECT MATE,
keep it update :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
UPDATE  :D sorry its been so long guys actuali its been to long  :(

i have finally got my bay painted and steering wrack re-furbed  :D

due to fundings i havent done a great deal but now im headin in the right direction to get back on track its lookin good for me gettin my engine next month  :P

il be prepping my bonnet saturday maybe get it painted aswell that would be a big bonus lol anyways PICS  :mrgreen:  

PAINTED

Back to the top
looks good mate keep it :-)

Back to the top
cheers mate DEAD LINE IS MAY 2011

Back to the top
Looking good, Im painting my Caddy a very similar colour - Audi Flannel Grey - I got the engine bay painted in the summer so the front half of mine looks just like yours at the moment bar the filled in holes!

Keep the good work up fella  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
cheers mate  :D the colour i have and am paintin mine is alpine white keepin it vw you see  :P get some pics posted up in here mate

my bonnets all thumbs up for tomorrow got it in tonight and taped down all the high spots ect ready for a good frashing with a D.A and fillerd / primerd / painted  8) tomorrow will be a long day

Back to the top

Car

That car with its engine conv would`ve been a great sleeper,i cant help thinkin u should`ve kept it that way,good work though,i`ll keep my eye on this one!

Back to the top
cheers mate was thinkin it funny enough but got over welmed with the thought of having somthing realy subtle and nicly modderfied

Back to the top
:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :rockon:

Back to the top
got the bonnet in primer today  8) omg WHAT AN ARSE was on the verge of scrappin it and gettin a new one but managed to kinda pull it around i would post up the pics but my phone died  :banghead: so will post up tomorrow  :D

Back to the top
:dance: second page

Back to the top
:wink:

Back to the top
NO BONDOOOOOOO ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.