Skip navigation

NEC 12,13,14th November 2010

Back to the top

NEC 12,13,14th November 2010

OK, it's that time again.

AGM over and done with for THIS year (although we've already begun to plan for next year!!  :wink: ) so it's on to the next big event - the NEC in Birmingham.

This is a 3 day event over the weekend of 12 (Friday), 13th and 14th November 2010. It is THE largest car event that I've ever been to and holds just about every conceivable variety of car there is. Top end marques through to the most modest of vehicle can be seen there.

The theme for this year is 'RECORDS'. The organisers don't stipulate what kind of record it could be  - just that the stand depicts some kind of record.

Now just thinking off my head, our cars are credited with starting the hot hatch revolution so that MUST be some kind of record but I'm keen to hear any other records or '1st' that the Mk1 Golf may hold…. and then we'll have to think how to present that record!!!

Do we hold the longest running single model in production with the same continuing name? The Mk1 golf ran from 1974 through to 1993 - are there any other manufactures that can claim that production run?  :dontknow:

If you'd like to be considered for a position on the club stand, your car WILL need to be in either

1. Very good condition

OR

2. Hold some kind of record in its own right (highest mileage, oldest in UK - Yeah, yeah we know who owns that  :wink:  or whatever).

The cars will need to be on the stand from Thursday 11th November 2010 through the whole show and be removed at some point on Sunday night. It may be that you'll have to book accommodation so that you can stay at least 1 night depending on where abouts you live or you may be able to drop off on Thursday and go home/ to relatives etc.

Complimentary entry tickets are provided for exhibitors.

If you are exhibiting it will be expected of you to help staff the club stand, talk to visitors and help unpack/ pack away the displays.

So, if you think that your car can cut it with the likes of Bugatti, Ferrari, Ginetta or Maestro Owner Clubs then post up a picture and lets see what you've got.

(To make it fair last year's cars need not apply  :wink: )

Thanks, Dan

Back to the top
Dan are you looking for 4 cars as last year?

1 nice standard GTi
1 nice standard 4 door
1 nice standard cabby
1 good quality modified i feel would go down well this year. anyone got a good race prepared Golf with stickers on it and everything???

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I was going to see what was out there firstly but those will do for starters.

The stands a little smaller than last year so we'll have to see.

Back to the top
will the cool wall be there?

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Yes!….. If there's room!!!

You thought of a 'record' yet??!!  :wink:

Back to the top
the mk1 golf ran till 2010 in south africa  :wink:

bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

bert

bert get your citigolf on the stand………. :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

ans4r said

Bert said

bert

the bbq citi   :roll:  :roll:  :roll: best not a!!!! :wink:

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

ans4r said

Bert said

bert

the bbq citi   :roll:  :roll:  :roll: best not a!!!! :wink:

no not that, the mint citigolf he's hiding…………. :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
can my 306 go on the stand dano as i could do with some space for a few days lol i could do some much needed work on it with out the worry off the 306 kicking about

Back to the top
Possible lowest mileage Mk1 GTi and non-GTi in UK here. Also possible oldest official UK GTi.

Golf is most successful European built car.

Banner

Back to the top
:lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
ouch and he only matched it after all that

Back to the top
I would like if possible to  display my low milage, ( 37k ) original 1983 mk1 GTI. I'm already booked in to visit the Classic Show, &  it would be a privilege to represent the club at the event.
A377UOE has done very well at various shows over the past few years. Pics to follow.
         Regards   Kaykay3.

Back to the top
Thanks Keith.

A very good choice for standard GTI probably.

Anyone else wish to display?

Back to the top
Hi Dano, Would like to represent the club.Have a silver campaign standard apart from exhaust.
Possibly going as really enjoyed this show last year. Can send pics if req'd.

Corky 2 (Paul)                                                                                
Silver campaign

Back to the top

corkycampaign said

Hi Dano, Would like to represent the club.Have a silver campaign standard apart from exhaust.
Possibly going as really enjoyed this show last year. Can send pics if req'd.

would be great to see corky's on the stand,gets my vote.
dazzle

Banner

Back to the top
Dano

Question.. What is the highest mileage Mk1 GTi ?? (backed up by service history)

My 1983 Mars Red Gti tintop has 212000 miles backed by full main dealer (majority) service history and all receipts for work carried out, still running the same engine with no indication or evidence of an engine rebuild….

Bodywork not the finest but she is a great example of the build quality and still driven daily.

Back to the top
Thanks Corky,

They're all going in the melting pot for now. Post your pictures up asap!  :wink:

Back to the top

Nec 2010

Picture of corkycampaigns golf gti.

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.