Skip navigation

fraud user?

Back to the top

fraud user?

TimHale said

In my situation, I have chosen to provide negative feedback to the Ebay seller as this will alert not only forum users but all buyers.

Anyone who cares to waste a few minutes on a PM will be informed of the seller's identity but I prefer not to inconvenience the moderators or place the forum at risk of a legal action by publicly disclosing his identity.

You really do get a hard on about sellers not meeting your standards. Why?

Ever thought your expectations are too high? or you may be wrong?

Your posts are littered with problems from suppliers - Are they in competition with you?

Back to the top
You really do get a hard on about sellers not meeting your standards. Why?

Caveat emptor may be an old-fashioned standard but it is applicable today as it was when coined by the Romans.

Are my standards any different from anyone on this forum- I spend my hard earned cash on goods which should be fit for purpose, if they fail to attain that standard I share the experience with others on the forum so that they are aware of the potential for problems. Would prefer that they remain ignorant?  

The reasons why it is so frequent is simple- I am beginning to spend a lot of money and time on bringing a car back to standard therefore by the law of averages, there will be occasions when I encounter issues of this nature.

If you have an issue with sharing information with other members, please state your reasons.

Tim

Back to the top
Tim, the only issue you have raised in this thread is that you have bought an item on Ebay, fully aware of the high postage charge/low item charge prior to buying said item.

For example a pair of suspension springs for 0.99p with postage at £20.00. How is this different to buying the same suspension springs from the same seller for £20.00 with 0.99p postage?

It still costs you £20.99 and is the same item, the only difference is that the seller (as you've said, a fellow mk1 OC forum member) has a few extra ££ in his pocket as Ebay can't rape him for fees.

Where is the problem in this for you? Do you think Ebay will thank you for policing their auctions?

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Where is the problem in this for you? Do you think Ebay will thank you for policing their auctions?

Do you condone overcharging for postage and I have no interest in policing anyone's auctions.

Does that answer your questions?

Do you have a connection with the seller?

Back to the top
No connections at all Tim, but I have recognised an Ebay seller who is also a member on here and they charge high postage prices, but all their adverts state:

Please do not bid if you not going to buy, don't like postage price, or anything else.

If I had felt a need to flag it up with Ebay I would'nt have bought it and then complained, I would've just clicked on 'Report item'.  :wink:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

TimHale said

Do you condone overcharging for postage

condone it? you paid it! and it does state quite clearly Please do not bid if you not going to buy, don't like postage price, or anything else.

i'd have done you a cooler cheaper

Back to the top
Can this thread be brought back to "topic" please..

If anyone wants to start there own thread with their grievences, then knock yaself out..

I personally want to thanks the admin, in particular Debs for quickly dealing with this matter…

Gav

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.