Skip navigation

How easy is it to drive a left hooker?

Back to the top

How easy is it to drive a left hooker?

chortle said

another cabby lol  :lol:

Make sure you have a good look over your right shoulder before you pull out onto motorways from the slip road then  :wink:

DubPartz

Back to the top
I bought my French Sportline as a left hooker already registered in Cornwall, and although sceptical at first, I wouldn't look back now. I've even bought a T3 Whitestar Multivan which is LHD as my winter daily! As I still drive RHD cars as part of my job, I'm now ambidextrous, but I actually prefer the feel and balance of the car when sitting on the left.

There are some disadvantages as already mentioned, but plenty of advantages - like being able to get straight out of your car on the kerb instead of waiting for traffic to pass! I think it makes the car a little bit more interesting and perhaps less attractive to steal too, hence I've kept the speedo etc. as is. :mrgreen:

The best things about them however is the condition and spec. Mine for example has factory power steering which makes it great cruising around town and other rare bits that set apart from British spec cars like the steering wheel.  8) Being from the South of France its rust free too! If its a nice one condition wise its worth it - but I don't buy 'em to make money!!

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top

chortle said

another cabby lol  :lol:

Good luck with it dude

Post us some pics.

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.