2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

Back to the top

2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
As you rightly said "car" but that is exactly what it wasn't and trust me I ain't the only one who thinks it's a joke or afix, just the only one with balls to say it!

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
As you rightly said "car" but that is exactly what it wasn't and trust me I ain't the only one who thinks it's a joke or afix, just the only one with balls to say it! Like we all have a right to vote fir the car do we not have a right to voice our concerns on our website?

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
muttley behave man !!

How can you fix something that was purely down to where the paying punters chose to stand ?

I went for the yellow one but happy for the majority to take the win…

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Mutley - perhaps you could design something better next year which may bag you the award!!!!!

Back to the top

muttley said

As you rightly said "car" but that is exactly what it wasn't and trust me I ain't the only one who thinks it's a joke or afix, just the only one with balls to say it! Like we all have a right to vote fir the car do we not have a right to voice our concerns on our website?
Im sorry you feel like this and I'm sorry for the others without Balls "must be Pussys"

The win by Bert was unexpected but very a welcome change from the norm.

I come on this site and joined this club for 2 reasons

1. Fun and enjoyment

2. Information about my Mk1s

and its Strictly in that order I have the firm belief that if something stops being fun stop doing it.

The result will stick I'm not going to be the 1st Chairman to go against what the members of this club want as that would be the end of something i enjoy and find fun.

Besides the BBQ winning did you have a good time?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

muttley said

Muttley, unfortunately I couldn't be there but am allowed a say. I assume 'Peoples' Choice' means those that attended voted for what they believed deserved to win that prize. Those votes were counted and the one with the most votes won. I'm sure there were many people who weren't happy with the result of the General Election / Strictly Come Dancing / I'm a Celebrity / Dancing on Ice etc etc etc etc who voted for who they wanted to win but didn't, that's life I'm afraid. As regards it being a fix, bit harsh mate and I'm sure there are plenty on here who have the balls to say so if they thought so, but haven't so probably don't and agree it won fair and square.

Well done Bert, can I have onions and mustard on my cheeseburger please  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

muttley said

Have you missed the point people? It was not a car with four wheels…lol

It doesnt matter,it was a mk1 wasnt it. It was the people choice.They voted for what they wanted to win and it won. Simples
Bert fully deserved to win it as he spent a lot of time making it and over the weekend he cooked on it for everyone on the saturday night and he even made one side of the BBQ just for the Halal Boys  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: .

Big thumbs up to bert ,the guys a genius and a legend and i cant wait for what he has planned for next year.

PS. And also thumbs up to Daz1971 as it was his and berts idea for the BBQ.
 :clap:  :clap:

Back to the top
Muttley, unfortunately I couldn't be there but am allowed a say. I assume 'Peoples' Choice' means those that attended voted for what they believed deserved to win that prize. Those votes were counted and the one with the most votes won. I'm sure there were many people who weren't happy with the result of the General Election / Strictly Come Dancing / I'm a Celebrity / Dancing on Ice etc etc etc etc who voted for who they wanted to win but didn't, that's life I'm afraid. As regards it being a fix, bit harsh mate and I'm sure there are plenty on here who have the balls to say so if they thought so, but haven't so probably don't and agree it won fair and square.

Well done Bert, can I have onions and mustard on my cheeseburger please

I couldn't agree more KAVLFC, well said :clap: . I stood by Bert's Mk1 BBQ because I wanted to, just like all the rest did. And it's not the fact that you've got balls and you're saying what others feel, just sounds like you're whinging

Back to the top
Oh what a surprise all the midland lot who voted for the BBQ are saying something. I dare say that if the AGM was down South I could get all the locals to stand by my motor too! Look this started tongue in cheek but now you are getting personel at the end of the day it won & fair play to it but all I am saying is imagine if the press saw what won, what do you think they would print ? Do you not think we should have some sort of guidelines?

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
I would like to say well done Bert!  My daughter and I liked your half a car win, I also joined the club for fun and support, and feel we tend to get that.  I do however feel sad.  Sometimes things on this site can get very negative, not everyone drives a mint condition car and I love the fact that you won.  Maybe next year we could have some fun catagories to enter eg best theme car best unusual car or best car to match your job?

Bert dont get stessed, your car won the peoples choice and alot of people picked your car!  well done!

Also not from the Midlands!

Back to the top

muttley said

Oh what a surprise all the midland lot who voted for the BBQ are saying something. I dare say that if the AGM was down South I could get all the locals to stand by my motor too! Look this started tongue in cheek but now you are getting personel at the end of the day it won & fair play to it but all I am saying is imagine if the press saw what won, what do you think they would print ? Do you not think we should have some sort of guidelines?

Couple of things mate :

a) I'm not from the Midlands ok
b) It is NOT 'tongue in cheek' to accuse the club and those involved of fixing a competition at the AGM
c) I never intended for you to take anything I posted as personal, I merely explained how democracy and the real world works
d) It was held where it was because it's pretty central for a majority of members
e) I'm sure the press would be as amused by it as those that voted for it, a hot food dispensing Mk1!
f) Bert won fair and square

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I think this thread should be locked now as its getting ridiculous.

The decision is made by the people. There is no point in going on about it and putting a Dampener to a lovely event.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
I've got to do a press release over the next few days or so for the VW mags and classic car ones.

I will be passing various photos on to them and make no doubt about it, Peoples Choice WILL be going to them. If they or the readers don't like it, so be it. The show goers did and that's the main thing.

I won't lock this for now as the comments are reasonable but if they get out of hand it will be.

Dan

Back to the top
Fair point Dano.

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
I think the people's choice genuinely reflected the atmosphere of the weekend.

Fun  8)

I didn't vote for it, if I'd realised it was in the running I might have though! I voted for Sean's caddy camper, not a Golf, but my choice of the show because I love it!

(And I'm from dahn sarf  :lol: )

Back to the top

debs said

I

(And I'm from dahn sarf  :lol: )

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Just like to say how much we enjoyed our first Annual Gathering. Having first to fly from southern Germany then pick up my wife in Holland and drive over to the UK and back again in a weekend was a long journey but really worth it.

The ride out was good fun and I think it was the first time our Cab had done hills in a very long time, not much of them about here in Holland. Hope to see you all again next year.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=195966

Guy

Back to the top
Cool that was some journey.
Post us a pic of you car then.

Cheers

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Moderator & Committee member, PLUS ANY OTHER MEMEBER WHO did not read between the lines because like a text sometimes we do not read it properly and perceive the info: another way!

Please do not refer to me like a child and bullet point items!

As I have now said three or four times well done to the winner I do not dispute that! :banghead:

I am now insulted, I think that this has somehow turned from a simple tongue in cheek question to getting damm right rude and insulting.

If I am paying money to join a club that insults people then I have obviously joined the wrong club, I thought that this club is supposed to support our cars or a least be the public face of our cars, if not then i really should not have joined and will consider this when renewal comes round!

People who moderate then be mindful when posting replies that start with MATE:

I simply said what a lot of others and myself where thinking.  It is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

If you wish to continue this conversation my number is 07765446454, I am now done with this post.

If you publish the picture or give it to a member of the press at least try to airbrush the passenger out!

Regards
Steve

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.