Skip navigation

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

Back to the top

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

Picked up a stainless steel gear stick extender, nice easy fit and really makes a big difference when changing gears.
Also got a grab handle for the drivers door easy fit holes already there and the side door, just needed 4 holes drilled.

Back to the top
Bite my shiny metal a++ lol
Picked this up on E-Bay last week 2nd hand so gave it a good polish before fitting.

Back to the top
That looks well slippy, you can't resist the shiney bits  :lol:

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
you put a good finish on that sir .

Back to the top
Plenty of elbow grease gone into that one…  :lol:  :lol:

Nice one  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
After much searching I finally picked up a full set off alloys for the camper these are the originals supplied by VW and fitted to the Carat t25, they come with the 4 center caps. No need to change the rear studs as these are a straight fit just need to change the nuts and bolts. Hope to get them this week.

Back to the top
I take it these will be polished :-)

Back to the top
Funny had the same thought,will have to see what there like first,just about recovered after doing the rims on the Rivage LOL

Back to the top
Spent a couple of hours cleaning the rims up, came up ok still a few marks but happy with the results.
New taper nuts and bolts from Brickwerks and new chrome valves , just need them fitted.

Back to the top
looks very good mate
 i had t25 for 5 years did never look that good

Back to the top
Got the old rims off and the alloys fitted to day, think the old girl looks pretty good with them on, chrome valves on as well.
 Plan to clean up and paint the rear drums and front caliper's when I get a chance.

Back to the top
Van is due the MOT in March so needed to sort a few dash problems out to get her through the new requirements. Had no dash illumination or main beam warning light (very faint glow) after checking all the fuses I finally found the dash illumination fuse right above the relays and very hard to see, it had blown so put in a new one and dash illumination now working, a nice easy fix.
Removed the dash cover, then the plastic dust cover over the brake fluid reservoir, disconnected all the      switches then the speedo cable then unplugged the main dash plug, was able to lift the dash pod of nice and easy. The bulbs for the dash warning lights are on a flexible plastic circuit board which can be easily damaged if you are not careful, they sit behind a plastic cover held on with 2 screws, so once removed I was able to very carefully ease the circuit board and bulbs out from the dash.
 Took out the main beam warning light bulb and put in the new one which I had picked up from VW, had to trim the wires down to fit the holder. Screwed  every thing back together and gave it a try, main beam warning now working nice and bright, that's 2 things less to worry about, took about 30 mins. Had visions of looking for a cut wire or bad earth.

Main beam very faint blue ( mot fail )

Top cover off

DUST COVER OFF AND BRAKE FLUID WARNING CONNECTOR DICONNECTED

All switches disconnected

Speedo disconnected

Main dash plug disconnected

Dash pod lifted off

Plastic cover unscrewed and carefully removed

Warning bulbs exposed in holders

Old bulb removed and new one had wires cut to length before fitting

New bulb (led) fitted

before

After fitting now we have light

Old bulb very black

Back to the top
thnaks for all your in depth updates mate! i might be looking into getting one of these in the next few months, would you recommend it? im debating between one of these and a t2 whats your advice.

thanks

Bruce

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
We first wanted a splitty or a bay but most where either crazy money for a good one
or bad body work .

We find the t3 ideal much bigger inside,great storage, lots more to pick from body style wise and parts inc panels easy to come by.

Shes easy to work on and having 4 beds,cooker and fridge is ideal for weekends and hols.
Always plenty for sale and holding their money very well.

lots of info on club 80/90
Would love a syncro crewcab (dont tell the wife )lol

Back to the top
Just been reading your thread… Was gonna post for advice on the glow dim of the main beam blue bulb but the detail you've gone into is great!

Gonna be getting to work on mine soon and the dash will be partially coming out so I'll get that sorted with other little electrical conundrums!!!!!

Andy

Back to the top
Owning an old Volkswagen can have its drawbacks, getting parts being a major one. Square headlamps for my T25 are no longer made and second hand sets run about 200 quid. So before I end up with a cracked lens I went on the search for some lens protectors, they where made a one time but I could not find any. The guys on the 80-90 club made their own using 2 alloy brackets with some Perspex screwed on, a good idea but I thought I could make my own clip one ones.
              I made a cardboard template of the front of the headlamps and included side mounting tabs and a bottom tab. Marked Out the shape on some Perspex I had ( just the right size)then cut out the shape with a jig saw. Once both covers where cut I held them together in a vice and sanded the edges so they both matched. I then put the fitting tab end in the vice and heated it with a blow torch making sure I kept moving the flame so the Perspex did not burn once the Perspex heated up I bent  the cover over to just under 90 degrees, let it cool and did the other side the same way, bent the bottom fitting tab as well.
              Once cooled I lined the cover up over the headlights to make sure the tabs would fit behind the grill, then carefully slid each side into place, flexing the tabs just enough to fit in. Fitted perfectly took them off and put a small clear stick on pad on the lens, this would hold the Perspex of the glass and stop them rubbing, refitted both sides. Easy to remove for cleaning and hopefully no more worry's about getting a cracked head lamp.

Back to the top
You must have spent a bit of time doing that Slippy.

They look well  :D

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
hi geof they do look the job !

Back to the top
Picked up a set of very hard to find Projektzwo front fog lights on German E-Bay the 4 mounting points where broken but the seller still had them so was worth a bid. Glued the broken bits back in place but these would not be strong enough to hold the fog lights in place , so made up 4 alloy brackets, these where bent to match the contour of the plastic body. New screw holes drilled in the alloy then glued in place using epoxy resin, these where then left to dry overnight before painting. They will not be seen once fitted and will be a lot stronger than the original mounts. Replaced the mounting screws and washers with new ones. The next step is to get the older style bottom grill as it fits under the fog light body. Then get them wired up. The hella lamps are no longer made so a set of lens protectors will be made for them.

Back to the top
camper through MOT on Friday yeeha. Main VW dear service before and mot check all she needed was an oil and filter change,thats 23 years full vw service history.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.