Skip navigation

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

Back to the top

SLIPPY8VS new toy I must be mad HAHA

While waiting for the seats I got  a few small bits done, replaced some of the edge trim on the work tops, cut out pax /driver mats and rear mat then got the edges bound, trimmed the buddy seat with a bit of the navy carpet I had left.
Seats arrived today no real problems refitting them.
The side door panel was refitted using screws as the panel clips would not hold it in place.
The side door hook was very close to the new panel so fitted a small buffer to the hook to keep it way from the new panel also fitted a small alloy strip to protect the panel edge from the hook. All the screws covered using chrome snap on caps.
Still a few small bits to trim so nearly ready.Old bits of velcro to be removed.
Hand brake cover and gear gaiter will probably be done in the same cream as the seats, will also cut a mat out for the engine bay just to keep every thing neat. Curtains and tie backs fitted but one set of curtains will need to be adjusted slightly.

Back to the top
Tailgate struts needed replaced on the t25 kept hitting my head, so picked up 2 new ones and got them fitted, much better now.
BEFORE

AFTER

Also picked up a big rear window sticker (for small boy)
TRANSPORTERS
Campers in disguise

Back to the top
the interior is a piece of art mate! really well done! youre adding value hand over fist! i really want one of these!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Just finishing off a few small bits, wanted to cover the staples on the back of the rear bench, so picked up some aluminium trim from B&Q cut to length and screwed on,then finished of with chrome screw caps.
Looking out for an Eberspacher D2 12v diesel heater just for the added comfort on cold nights, missed out on a few on E-Bay so will keep looking.

Back to the top
drove one of these down to Spain and back in Summer. such a great drive. didn't miss a beat!! Tempted to buy one!!

Back to the top
The van came with 3 original VW hub caps so I have been on the lookout for 1 to make up the set, picked up 4 on E-Bay this week a bit scratched and have been sprayed at some time so hope to get them soda blasted then repainted, not quite alloys but I think they look better than the ones that where on her.

Back to the top
wow you have been busy, love the retrim looks nice, good job done there and your right, those new trims look a hell of alot better than what was on her

chris n helen

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Chris n Helen
since we got the seats back in to her we have been out every weekend so far, no over night stays but great fun can't wait till next year and the good weather.
Did a navigation run with the local Beetle and van club on Saturday lots of B roads good fun.
Replaced the halon fire extinguisher being 21 years old would not want to risk it if I ever needed it, so picked up a dry powder one from Lidl 7.99.

Back to the top
Dirty girl after the navigation run,if we had got lost at least we would have had some where to stay lol Dan my 5 year old loved it.

Back to the top
great work Geoff! and good that the whole family can jump in and go!

Back to the top
A new year and the work starts again,picked up a zig cf8 battery charger panel on e-bay hope to get fitted in the next few weeks.
Will keep batterys charged up from a mains hook up at a camp site. No worrys about the drop down dvd player not working now LOL

Back to the top
That interior is looking fantastic mate.

Looking forward to more updates.

Back to the top
Thanks Norm
booked in for mot and VW service just to keep the 21 years full history running
but looking forward to the first weekend away.

Your Rivage is looking really good now been watching your thread.

I have a few bits still to put on my own Rivage but waiting till the weather heats up a bit, the garage is still like a freezer.
(and yes still looking for chrome bits) lol

Back to the top
Wow 21 year full VW history, thats impressive.

Got quite a bit planned the the rivage this this year, got a few things bugging me with the interior which need sorting.

Back to the top
As it was dry today got a few small things sorted on the van.
Tail gate curtains fitted, side window curtain taken up and fitted by my good wife.
Wind deflectors fitted to driver and passenger doors.
Removed the wooden trim from the recess where the zig is going, perfect fit as this is designed for a zig unit even has the cooling holes cut out.Just need to get it wired in.

Back to the top
Missed out on a set of these a few weeks back on E-Bay, just as well as they had no mounting plates, tried VW but they no longer stock them, but would have been serious money just for the cover.
Set came up last week on E-Bay as a buy it now complete with back plates so bought them and fitted the passenger side last Saturday, drivers side wont fit due to the cooker cabinet being in the way but you cant see it anyway.
Just tidies the seat belt roller up.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Thanks for the feed back foxy, the old girl is really growing on me(sad i know)

As some you will already know the van got through her MOT yesterday so am well pleased.
Now for the numbers

Booked and paid for the MOT myself for Mallusk for Thursday 3rd.
If you dont know the MOT over here in Northern Ireland is carried out a goverment department so is really tight.

Booked the van in with Agnews VW Mallusk N/ Ireland for a pre MOT check and annual service for Wed 2nd
asked them to take the van over for its MOT on the Thursday.

Cost for Agnews pre MOT check,inc checking and setting lights and service and taking to the MOT center

120 QUID
I dont care what any one says thats a good price.
Now it the van had needed anything it might have been different, but it worked out well, and it puts another stamp in the book 22 years full VW history.

Back to the top
Good job mate. Glad you got that MOT - 22 years of VW servicing is pretty impressive! Nice bus… well done again.

Are you still up for dubshed? only 2 more weekend to go…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
yes still going
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.