Skip navigation

shadydaz's First ever project...

Back to the top

shadydaz's First ever project...

:) making good progress.  have you decided on what engine yet ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

mk1jim said

:) making good progress.  have you decided on what engine yet ?

Tiptoeing towards an AGU or similar. :?   This will, however, probably put the project back by another 12months or so due to extra costs for parts. :wink:   As it stands I am 70% 20V T against 30% KR/ABF. :dontknow:

Back to the top
What box is better?

A 02A or an 02J for racing.  'Twill be getting a Diff and clutch upgrades either way.

Cheers!!

Back to the top
A will be keeping an eye on this project as I like the work your doin big thumbs from me, also were u get u car tent from it look great :)

Back to the top

birkin said

A will be keeping an eye on this project as I like the work your doin big thumbs from me, also were u get u car tent from it look great :)

Hi again birkin!

The car tent is a 6m by 3m Marquee purchased off ebay privately.  Some Guy had bought it and never used it.  I about £200 for it including the petrol to collect!  It is a heavy duty jobbie with 60mm bolt together frame, perfect as it will be up for a while.  Just sits at the top of my drive nicely too and has been wired into my house!

Back to the top
Another small update.

I got my box of Looms out of the loft the other day as will need to get my head around how to plumb this old girl back together.   First up was the rear valance loom…

Wiring checked, cleaned and tidied up a treat.  Will get getting some heat shrink this week to finish it off.

Got some goodies form Frost's with a bit of discount curtosy of this club of course!

Can now start welding and painting chassis.

Also bit of a landmark day today as the very first BRAND NEW PARTS arrived…

Well chuffed with that!

Also went on a bit of a mission with sorting out all the parts that had been stripped of her.  Ended up doing this with some degreaser…

Went through that cycle four times!!

Then after hand drying did this…

And was left with these which need rubbed down for paint…

OCD anyone???

Back to the top
Hard work gone in there

Good one

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Hope you've nothing left over when you're finished!

Well done with the elbow grease ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Hope you've nothing left over when you're finished!

LOL me too!  I don't actually need all of theese parts for the rebuild,  I will be selling some of the stuff too but nice to sell it it good nick for a few extra bob  :D

Back to the top
Obviously I want to reuse as much as poss, would be nice to have every nut, bolt and washer new but it's not possible on my budget.  Time costs me nothing…

Back to the top
A wee bit more today before I go back to work tomorrow.

Stripped down these

but some of the bushes are a bit stuck on one.  They have been washed and degreased ready for refurb.  Anyone got any ideas what I can use to free off the bushes that are stuck?

This is coming along nicely…

Bit more to do on it yet before its ready for paint though!

Started on that box of bits that I degreased yesterday,  sanded down:

Encapsulated here:

…and now sprayed with chassis paint!

Should have worked my way through the box by the end of the week!

Back to the top
good work here on the bits and bobs, frost do some really good stuff dont they. I suppose if your replacing the bushes you could cut the old ones out maybe hacksaw blade or stanley blade :lol:

If it isnt broke fix it until it is.

Back to the top

ronko said

good work here on the bits and bobs, frost do some really good stuff dont they. I suppose if your replacing the bushes you could cut the old ones out maybe hacksaw blade or stanley blade :lol:

I cut the lip ends off them with a saw and knocked most of them out with a hammer and screwriver.  Just one side has two still on that aren't playing the game.  The ball joints weren't easy either as I only have one 11mm socket but worked my my arround that eventually.

Frost's are good, MK1 owners club membership fee paid for itself in one hit!  Will be trying out GSF next for some replaemnet goodies!

Back to the top
sorry if you have already answered this question but what engine are you putting in it ?

Back to the top

Dubwanabe said

sorry if you have already answered this question but what engine are you putting in it ?

I think I have consigned myself to an AGU.

Back to the top
Will the old nuts, bolt, washers trick work on the bushes?

Nice spraying btw

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

nice spraying btw

It's all practice for the body work mate :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I have binned the wishbones.  After spending a bit of time tonight cleaning one up a bit, they look too far gone to risk it the car once it is together.

New ones on the way soon, along with those other bits too hopefully!

Back to the top
its looking good mate love the attention to detail  :wink:

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.