STOLEN - My Mk1 BLU 412Y

Back to the top

STOLEN - My Mk1 BLU 412Y

glad to here that its back

:)

Banner

Back to the top
A happy ending…… Yay!!

Now go buy a steering wheel lock/immobiliser.

MK1 83 Jetta… 2ltr 16v ACE
MK1 88 caddy pickup 20VT soon
MK2 Golf 90spec 2ltr ABF coming soon
T5 TDI

Back to the top
ace mate! i saw the photo of it at the agm too…

felt really bad for ya :( nice to see its back home and happy again :)

i take my rotor arm out of my dizzy…. no chav knows how a engine works round here, they all think my 1.1 is some kinda beast…. they cant start it if it aint got no spark :P

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Good news  :)
now have you got big plan for it??????  8)

Back to the top
Buzzing for you mate :-)  get it locked up and for tools still being there and the sunglasses missing lol

:-)

Back to the top
hope you get it sorted mate - good excuse to start a proper project on him then

Back to the top
Glad you got a happy ending!

Back to the top
Fair play man, so good to hear. The engine was warm you say? so they'd been driving it for a few days? I'd have been tempted to camp out for a while to see if they came back for it. Oh mercy i'd love to catch them in the act. I'd go and buy a £300 Volvo and put them in the boot and take it to the scrapyard.

I've no time for thieves.

She needs PREMIUM DUDE, PREEEMIUMMMM, DUUUUDE!!!!

Back to the top

jabbo said

Called the police who said they'd come out, recover it for forensics but I'd have to pay, or I could just drive it back myself.

It's great that you got your car back and everything, but seriously? Someone steals your car and in essence the Police turn around and go "no harm, no foul" when you find it and indeed, want to charge YOU for investigating a crime?

WTF? Are they too busy beating up protestors or something?

I'm with Chopsy, trap 'em and hurt 'em - but wait until the bruises/bones have healed before letting them go. No harm, no foul.

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
ahhh happy days mate! well made up for ya! so random that youre the one to have found it! good for you bud!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
If you need dashboard undertrays, i've got a spare set that you can buy if you want mate? :)

So happy you got it back too!

Back to the top
Fantastic, glad you've found it.

Banner

Back to the top
Glad you got it back dude, they must have been using it though if the engine was warm?! Police were loads of help on this case then eh?

Imagine the conversation they had with eachother when they went to get in it and it had been 'stolen' from them! haha! would have been quiet amusing I reckon.

My Mk1 is coming home tonight so I shall be making sure it can't be taken just incase they liked yours and go looking for another!  :x

Back to the top
I am with all of you here who believe car thieves should be killed.. However, before being brave, just remember that they came knowing they were gonna steal your car and if you caught them, you wouldn't have been expecting it.. Let me give you an example..

About 3 weeks ago my friend woke up with an almighty bang that shook his house.. Just then, another with the sound of smashing toughened glass… He jumped up, looked out of his front window to see two guys, one with a baseball bat and one with a hammer.. He could hear another in his kitchen looking for the keys to his 2 year old audi estate. He is quite a handy lad and only 3 months ago was in a fire brigade vs police boxing competition, so in the spur of the moment he went crazy shouting out of the window "GET OFF MY GARDEN OR I@LL $%£(ING £$%" $%£** &%$£* YOU 84574RD5!" etc etc.. To which they calmly said "Shut the £u(& up or we're coming up for you!"…

So before being brave be sensible.. Put yourself first.. They came for your car, they would not want to be caught.. That is one hell of an incentive to do you over if you went for them..

The better the security, the worse the process of theft will be, so try and make it time consuming to steal..

It disgusts me that you have to think like that.. I'm not sure if we have had an open forum discussion on car security before on here.. There must be quite a few people who could put up arguments for and against various security systems and practices.. I will open another thread on car security and for those with experience to share their thoughts so we are all a little more clued up when it comes to car theft..

Glad you got your car back..  :D

Back to the top
im glad you got ur car back. i to have had a car nicked and i did get mine back the next day but the
w#*#ers had crashed it in to a tree. was a complete wreck. i was gutted.

hope you get it all up and runing
good luck.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.