Skip navigation

STOLEN - My Mk1 BLU 412Y

Back to the top

STOLEN - My Mk1 BLU 412Y

Right, continuing the crap path my life seems to be on at the moment, I woke up this morning to go to work to find my Golf missing!

Details;
1982 Mk1 Golf GL in black and red
1500 auto model
Full brown interior
Porsche steering wheel
Coilovers

Stolen from Rainham in Kent.  Being realistic the car is pretty standoutish, and a prety rare model, so I'd imagine it'll be broken for parts instead of being sold on whole.

Here's pics of how it looked;

The only saving grace I have is the fact I'd removed the alloys literally yesterday afternoon, so the car is on standard steels.

Any info, or if you see any parts for sale that resemble those on the car I'd be really grateful if you let me know.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks
Scott

Back to the top
b*stards!1  :banghead:  :banghead:

Back to the top
That's crap mate, so sorry ):

Stickied.

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry to hear this.  Hope it finds its way back to you asap.x

Back to the top
Cheers all.

Thanks for making it a sticky too.

Back to the top
mate, so sorry to hear about this! what are the police doing about it? slightly more than their usual relaxed attitude i hope!

thank god for those alley cats! ( i think theyre alley cats!) great wheels good job they werent taken too!

fingers crossed for you mate good luck with the search!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
That's Lawsy's old motor and pretty unique, well known and as you say 'standoutish'.

Good luck on the search.

Back to the top
Dude, I live in Strood at the moment so will keep my eyes peeled for you!

I expect though it will be broken for parts as you say  :evil:

The anoying thing with this is that the people who take cars like this know their value and must be in the 'scene' in one way or another…. makes me angry!!!

I'll let you know if I see anything including on Ebay.

Back to the top
Cheers all.

Just had the Police round.  Turns out another car in my street, and a car in the adjoining street were stolen as well.  Someone witnessed them attempting to break into another car too, and have given their description to the Police.  Hopefully something will come of it.

Back to the top
Mate - I've had pm's emails and texts about this

I loved that little car too and hearing the news saddens me..

Hope bluey gets found and is ok - gutted for ya mate

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Mate - I've had pm's emails and texts about this

I loved that little car too and hearing the news saddens me..

Hope bluey gets found and is ok - gutted for ya mate

Tell me about it dude.  :(   I had big plans for the car too.  Stopped using it literally yesterday afternoon ready to take it off the road and give it a revamp - new wheels, seats, paint, engine etc.  As with the wheels I'm only glad it got pinched before I poured all the money into it.

Back to the top
Sorry to hear this.

Most people in this club know this car because it was Steve and Wendys.

If, whoever nicked it does try to sell the parts then they'll have to be ever so careful. If they do realise it is a well known car they may try to destroy it / get rid of it.

If you haven't already it might be worth phoning scrap yards in your local area.

Scrap prices are quite high at the moment and the pikes will take anything.

I'm sure one of us would spot something if it appears as parts in the usual places.

I'll put the details up on the picture board at the AGM if you like.

Back to the top
Gutted for you mate..
hope it turns up soon in one piece.
dazzle

Banner

Back to the top
Very upsetting. Sorry to hear of your loss !

DubPartz

Back to the top
SCUM! I feel for you mate, I had my car parked on the main road last night and couldn't sleep, i thought every noise was someone breaking into it. I wish you'd caught them in the act and had a big piece of wood or metal to hand. as they're trying to hotwire it you appear at the door: Hello there - BANG - straight in the melon. and i don't think i'd stop for an hour. As someone said; it's sad that it was probably someone in 'the scene' which is really gutting. I hope to dear jah that you find it, and more to the point- that justice is done.

She needs PREMIUM DUDE, PREEEMIUMMMM, DUUUUDE!!!!

Back to the top
Dam that really sucks! Hope you get it back, brings it closer to home as mines a year older GL with the same interior!

Back to the top
Hey all, thanks for the replies.

Quick update - Me and a mate were coming back from climbing today, drove down a road a few streets away from mine and saw my golf sitting there in the road!!!  All unlocked, windows open, engine still warm.  Called the police who said they'd come out, recover it for forensics but I'd have to pay, or I could just drive it back myself.  So ended up hotwiring it and taking it home.

They've knackered the dash to steal the radio (which cost me £9), and they've stolen my £2.99 sunglasses but that's it.  There was about £600 worth of tools in the boot which they left, and the rest of the car appears undamaged.

Back at mine now, wheels removed, battery out etc.  Good luck stealing it this time idiots!

Happy days  :D

Back to the top
YES!!!!

buzzin for ya m8

Back to the top
glad its back mate

how bad is the dash, any damage to locks etc

Back to the top
The dash itself isn't too bad, just the insert which can obviously be easily replaced.  They've also damaged one of the lower parts to get to the wiring so I'll keep my eye out for one of those.

All the locks, glass etc is totally undamaged by the looks of things :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.