Skip navigation

Back to the future

Back to the top

Back to the future

TimHale said

i may in the future change the seats for a rivage leather interior, but for now the car is fine,
If you do, can I buy the seats? :D

you can buy the seats for £4500 and i'll throw in the rest of the car for parts :D

Back to the top

SimonEire said

Funk..you are a wealth of knowledge and an alladins cave for parts, i dont want to give you a big head….haha

:mrgreen:

Simon you know i like you motor mate, one of the best colours aswell! :wink:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
you can buy the seats for £4500 and i'll throw in the rest of the car for parts

Err, no. I bought another and it is all that I want.

Tim

Back to the top

funk-star said

SimonEire said

Funk..you are a wealth of knowledge and an alladins cave for parts, i dont want to give you a big head….haha

:mrgreen:

Simon you know i like you motor mate, one of the best colours aswell! :wink:

stop now funk you're makin me blush  :redfaced:

Back to the top
The cabrio is looking and working 100% better thanks to some original wheels and springs (it now goes around corners) and that clicking was the gear selector falling off- now it is cured and the car goes to the rolling road on Tuesday.

Tomorrow, it is appearing at Classics at the Castle and it is booked to take part in a tour of the Pilgrim's Camino in Northern Spain during September.

Golf at the castle

Tim

Back to the top
What a difference a month makes-

The problems have not stopped us enjoying the car and we are just getting it ready for its trip to Spain to be followed by a winter lay-up and continuing improvements.

The obvious differences have been to return the car to original external condition and to build-in reliability. The lowered springs and shocks now live under a 5dr tin-top in Trowbridge and the VR6 wheels went to North Somerset. The various clunks and clatters have been traced to the exhaust, the totally knackered gear select and the wobbly interior door mechanism.

The remaining faults-MFA and interior trim are this winter's task but we gave her the treat of a new set of registration plates (thank you to the Dorset Police) and a new identity.

Here it is at its favourite resting place- anyone recognise it?

Mystery location

Back to the top

Pleasant event at Haynes for Retro-Rides. Nice old skool parked beside us.

Tim

Back to the top

Carpet in and secure- the industrial rubber mats keep it clean but I would prefer custom-made dark blue carpet mats- who makes them?

The seats are now back from Pipers, I managed to swap the Rivage door cards for the correct Quartette set and now everything matches except the seat material on the lumbar panels.

I hope to buy a full set of midnight blue leather seat covers in the next few years however the current refurbished set will do (and be more comfy than standard GTi)

The next upgrade is to fit soundproofing under the bonnet, a lower strut brace and a iPod compatible stereo head. Then we will be ready for September's tour of Spain. :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.