Skip navigation

do you wave?!?

Back to the top

do you wave?!?

if not….. WHY NOT?!?!

just a thought as i wave at all old vws and i always get a dodgey look…
although im starting too see more and more familiar vws and there all waving back or beeping out :) my work in bristol is done :P

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
do you mean at mk1s? yes  to mk1's but no to anything else as they dont wave back… through experience  :cry:

Back to the top
see i wave at anything older than a mk1

if its older than my 1982 then ill at least smile lol..
i do get odd looks but only once, then when i see them again they beep out and wave and stuff lol

bristol is an odd city mind you… its big but everyone seems to know each other and if we dont we always wonder why we never met lol

Back to the top
Took my Doris to Chatsworth the other weekend and I saw a couple mk1's and about 4 camper vans, So I waved and got a wave back.
I allway's wave to the MK1's as a matter of course.
You never know it could also be a club member.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
i would love to get little sucky darts from one of them old school kid guns and have the forum url on them so if i sit at traffic lights and i see a mk1 i can shoot them wid it. its really hard to shout the url across 3 lanes of traffic :P

Back to the top
don't laugh but grandad had a 3 wheeler and he always waved or flashed at other 3 wheelers, i asked him one day he said its something you do when you have a uncommon car or type of motor that is worth money natuarly i asked but your car worth nothing and can't be uncommon if you waved at another lol i was very young

but i remember growing up and wonting a 3 wheeler to wave at other people as it always seemed nice to get a smile and a wave back

then when i was old enough i understood it more

the 1st car i had this in was not the mk1 but my cougar,

i always wave at other mk1's or flash but i find tin top drivers don't often wave back unless its the black one with the fit bird in lol

Back to the top
I'm a waver too.  :lol:

Back in April though I was a bit astounded to get a wave from a Citroen 2CV.   :lol:

Back to the top
yh cos the 2cv and mk1's are hard to tell apart lol

Back to the top
a classics a classic and in my eyes they all deserve at least a nod :P

Back to the top
yip
anything old-skool gets a wave or a flash of lights just depends , can be a bit frustrating or even embrassing when they dont acknowalge you back
baz

Back to the top
ahh they will in time... they all will in time :P

Back to the top
Mind you , i get quite a lot unexpected waves from modern motors .
I know before i got my MK1 i was nearly doing "dukes of hazard style" :lol:  U turns on the Road on the very rare occasions I would spot a MK1 of any condition.
cheers
baz

Back to the top
I'm currently forced into my girlfriend's fiat punto whilst my Golf is off the road, but there is a mk1 i sometimes see and i waved at it the other day forgetting that i'm not in the golf and the driver thought i was a mentalist :D

I've given up waving to air-cooled stuff because there seems to be an exclusivity with them and us watercooled lot ain't welcome! 8O

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
I still do the No Worries wave from my aircooled days. Unfortunately it just seems to confuse people when you're not in a bus or Beetle…

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
yeah done that a fair few times too… nearly killed myself a couple of times too lol

i got a 1.1, could never catch up wid them tho. lol

Back to the top
whats the no worries wave then coz i cant say anyones done that to me before lol.

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
i waved when i was in the golf (also called doris chortle haha) i used to wave at pretty much anything older than mine. so beetles, campers, m1s and i used to wave at newer stuff like polos and newer golfs etc if it was modified.
generally got a wave back from most tbf

Back to the top
its really small cos i took it on my webcam and im half cut and tired from work so take no notice of me but i think hes on about this "no worries" wave :P

hope this is right :P its what us surfers do :)

Back to the top
no thats the bell me sign i got this new rolling tabacco i wont you try

Back to the top
not for surfers, thats the universal sign on the surf :P we all do it lol...

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.