Skip navigation

failed MOT on emissions

Back to the top

failed MOT on emissions

pauls on the money, my m8 i spoke to about emmisions said its on there head when they get things wrong its there name on the mot just as much as the garage's, he also went on to say for example he was doing a retest on a car last week and the previuos tester missed a crack in the screen lurking behind the tax disc holder and refused to issue the the ticket him self for the above reason i just mention

Back to the top
What about trying to take it to Reading VW for the MOT?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
What is needed for an emissions test on a mk1 citi golf 1,3 is to have the test done the same as an 83 mk1 1,5/1,6 and not have a cat test done on it.
This is due to the car not having a cat fitted as standard and the car is from south africa.
Even tho the car is registered as a 96 it is based on a mk1 golf and should be tested as such.

This seems to be a problem for alot of citi golf owners, as MOT testers test the car as a newer modern car when it is based on an older car.

you know you wan't a citi

Back to the top

chazsa said

What is needed for an emissions test on a mk1 citi golf 1,3 is to have the test done the same as an 83 mk1 1,5/1,6 and not have a cat test done on it.

A letter from the manufacturer, details on the previous link.

Back to the top
mine failed on the same thing n my macanic striped the carb n cleaned it out put it back 2gethere n it then passed that might b all yours needs :D

if you aint scrubbing......... you aint dubbing

Back to the top

ryanstratton said

mine failed on the same thing n my macanic striped the carb n cleaned it out put it back 2gethere n it then passed that might b all yours needs :D

???

Is yours a 1996 too?

Did they do a cat test, and if so how did it pass the lambda and CO without a cat?

Back to the top
yer they did both of them and i passed. you have 2 have a cat on any car what is a j reg or older so the will do the cat test from j reg on mot

if you aint scrubbing......... you aint dubbing
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.