Skip navigation

golf mk1 g40

Back to the top

update

golf mk1 g40

well the update is iv found the doner vr6……yes thats right im having a vr fitted "screw the haters"
and im collecting the vr 1st september.
oh and my new rims have arrived.
15x8 scala rims

and my new wheel german lupo 3l

Back to the top
Nice going fella, havent been looking to buy so never saw this for sale….. sweet car, make it yours now, nice progress, be nice to see it on them wheels… This will probably be the comfiest MK1 ever.  :D

Back to the top
ru putting the vr6 in or is a company doing it for u as its a lot of work

Back to the top
n how much did it cost ya??

i know someone who has basically a whole mk3 vr for sell for cheap :) pm me if your intrested :P

ps, love the car! i want it lol… seats look trick :) get the door cards flocked and chucked back in.. it would look proper lol

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

n how much did it cost ya??

i know someone who has basically a whole mk3 vr for sell for cheap :) pm me if your intrested :P

ps, love the car! i want it lol… seats look trick :) get the door cards flocked and chucked back in.. it would look proper lol

With those seats that would look mint!

Back to the top
a couple of my mates owned this car previously, good luck with the vr6 conversion, would love to know just how much money this car has had spent on it in it's life

if it\'s got tits or tyres it\'s gonna be trouble

Back to the top
I would like to have a look. But every picture is a little red cross.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
hi well iv already bought the vr6, late spec with 75k on the clock, so thanks ver much for the offer.
the engine is being put in by a company and the price? well you always have to have a contingency plan lol.

well since iv owned it iv spent 3k on it and thats before making any changes to it!!
i aint gona start slaggin anyone off but the car needed serious work when i bought her.

i aint gona flock the door cards they cost me a small fortune to trim in leather lol.
well thanks for the comments guys
hopefully next update will be vr6 in, v6 brakes in, bias pedal box in and hopefully the new dash and interior finished :lol:

Back to the top

veedubber82 said

hi well iv already bought the vr6, late spec with 75k on the clock, so thanks ver much for the offer.
the engine is being put in by a company and the price? well you always have to have a contingency plan lol.

well since iv owned it iv spent 3k on it and thats before making any changes to it!!
i aint gona start slaggin anyone off but the car needed serious work when i bought her.

i aint gona flock the door cards they cost me a small fortune to trim in leather lol.
well thanks for the comments guys
hopefully next update will be vr6 in, v6 brakes in, bias pedal box in and hopefully the new dash and interior finished :lol:
Ah well if you've already leathered them then fair enough!!… cant wait to see em!…. you're moving fast with this one, must have deep pockets..  :D

Back to the top
no not deep pockets mate, more like no outgoings lol. and i dont run a 2nd car.
 i can only afford bout £800 a month to spend on it. so thats when im buying the vr6 on the 1st which is payday and im blowing £800 on that so im skint for another month.
also before i bought the mk1 i sold mk 57 plate focus st.
also iv sold the g40 lump and im selling my split rims and my bro owes me 1k so i should have enough…..i hope.

just want to get it done and finished, getting bored. the g40 was a mare, new clutch new starter motor, new sensors for everything, new speedo cable, new thermostat, and new charger. cost a fortune!!!!!
wish id bought a different mk1 to start with.

Back to the top
well heres the door cards and carpet. from newton comercial.

and here the comparison between the 2 wheels old and new
14x6 v 15x8

Back to the top
and this is hopefully the end result. well as close to this as possible.

Back to the top
I'd be interested to see how the VR conversion goes.  It's something I'm seriously considering doing to my mk1.  Can I ask how much you are paying for the install?

I know many don't like the V6 engines up front in a Mk1 due to handling issues, but the smooth power delivery is perfect for day to day road use.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
hi mate,
id rather wait untill its finished before quoting quotes but as an idea,to fit, plumb in and wire up its  labour and that includes engine mounts and welding mk3 x member to the front.
pm me please for the price as ther is people who will rant it will be a bodge job for that price, the guy who does it hs already done a caddy and its the bollocks and hes been v6ing novas for years.
his work is second to none.
but im having hidden wiring and smoothish bay and paint too.
im sick of people saying its the wrong engine, its one of the best engines ever made.  performance vw august editon has one featured!!! and they looked for the best mk1s for the mk1 madness editon.
the yanks have been doing it for years with no problems, as for handling well mine is a 76 so i ant exactly going to be ragging it around a track or racing it so i cant see that being a problem, also a diesel engine is bloody heavy and nobody complains about people putting them in.
im looking at a eibach lower anti roll bar also whick i think will help.
if you want to do it, do it screw the haters and enjoy it. :wink:

Back to the top
i can only afford bout £800 a month to spend on it.

Must be a nightmare to be so financially crippled when doing a car  :roll:

Think my budget is about 8p a month.

You were brave to come on here with the mods your intending - well done, you'll cause some flustered anoraks no doubt.  :D

Back to the top

mr cheeseman

well for 8p a month yours is looking real good. lol yeah well i must have not read the small print where it says "do not enjoy your mk1 and if you change anything on it we will stone you" haha
thing is iv read hundreds of threads on here where they have changed everything on the car.
take the crazy cabrio pick up for example. wow what an idea love the work on it and cant wait for it to be finished. but i dont see people moaning bout that one lol.

Back to the top
so what will happen to the g40 engine and box when the beast goes in?

Back to the top
I thought about getting those RML's.  The wheels are going to look HOT!

Back to the top

zukey said

so what will happen to the g40 engine and box when the beast goes in?

hi mate the g40 is being sold, need to get the pennys from some where lol.

Back to the top

RoadBoss said

I thought about getting those RML's.  The wheels are going to look HOT!

yeah i hope so, and havnt seen them here in the uk yet so im looking forward to putting them on once i fit some nice rubber.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.