Skip navigation

Guinness world record attempt!!!!!

Back to the top

Guinness world record attempt!!!!!

Has anyone ever looked to see if there is a guinness world record for the most Mk1 Golfs
in one place? Would we have a chance of setting one? I always wanted to be a world record holder!  :dontknow:  :D

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
I think back in the day the Wolfsburg car park might of had the edge :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
But it was never officially checked by Guinness!!! :wink:

Back to the top
True, but doesn't it make you want to take a step back in time and see loads of mk1s just waiting for lucky new owners !!!!!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
its a nice thought, be nice to a part of a record

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I had a quick look on the Guinness web site but cant find much, something
about 178 BMW's but im sure we can do a bit better than that  :lol:  is it worth
Contacting Guinness or do you think its a bit late and leave it until next year?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
178? Pah!

We had just short of 250 at the 21st anniversary at Gaydon in 2004!!!
70 odd on last years' Coombe Abbey rally to Gaydon so I'd hope we could beat 178 this year!!

If you want to make the call and get some to contact me feel free.

Dan

Back to the top
I looked into the biggest convoy of one model of car and it was the Subaru Impreza convoy in memory of Colin McRae maybe a year or two ago.  What you have to do is write to them and see what the rules are around your attempt and you have to wait for them to create rules if it doesn't exist.  Takes a long time.  I took advice and didn't run with the convoy attempt as it was for a good cause (Colin McRae was a legend in Rallying).  I think a Guniess Record attempt for the AGM wouldn't get done in time but brilliant idea… maybe next year  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Dano said

Hummm,

Thats interesting Spud. Something to consider for the future.

Yes bud…. worth inviting them to judge it… I can imagine everyone wanting to be part of a world record!!  Maybe even clubs from abroad could be invited… German forums, Spanish forums etc… talk to their Chairman and get them to do the work on their side then everyone pulls together on the day.  I've never been involved in an AGM and can imagine it's stressfull and really time consuming so I'd take on the speaking to Guniess World Records part etc next year if the idea is a goer…..

That's all future talk though… I seriously can't wait for the AGM this year though…. only 26 days and counting… got our tent sorted and everything…. I'm all packed up sitting on my couch….. is it time to go yet??…. how about now… are 26 days over yet???  Hope the weather is like it has been this week…. mind you it won't matter because I'll be too drunk to notice anyway  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

I've never been involved in an AGM and can imagine it's stressfull and really time consuming :mrgreen:

Oh yes. This years FIRST thread post in the Committee section was on 16th NOVEMBER 2009 - thats how long it takes to start the ball rolling and getting a venue booked and a deposit paid.

After that its all hard graft, telephone calls and emails so the members enjoyment!!!!  :wink:

Back to the top
I'm sure all those never ending long nights and early mornings will be worth it when you see the mass of members and mk1's you will be pulling from all corners of Britain and beyond!!!  It probably feels like your nearly coming to the end of the planning etc now but I bet your more nervous than excited!!!!!  It'll be AWESOME so you lot should take a bow on the Saturday night!!!! Seriously can't wait…. is it 26 days yet???  Come on  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I have been looking on the guinness web site too and we can fast track our aplication for 400 smackers
and I dont think im ready to pay that  :lol:  I will become a fully fledged member at the AGM so if
nobody minds I can always do the leg work for getting Guinness to come to next years meet? Getting
all the Euro people sounds a banging idea too, Im well up for it  :mrgreen:
bring on next years AGM  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
oh yeah, we still got to do this years, and I think its less than 26 days now spudfingers  :lol:

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

I have been looking on the guinness web site too and we can fast track our aplication for 400 smackers
and I dont think im ready to pay that  :lol:  I will become a fully fledged member at the AGM so if
nobody minds I can always do the leg work for getting Guinness to come to next years meet? Getting
all the Euro people sounds a banging idea too, Im well up for it  :mrgreen:
bring on next years AGM  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
oh yeah, we still got to do this years, and I think its less than 26 days now spudfingers  :lol:

I know mate the AGM can't come quick enough espcially if it's as nice weather as we're having now!!!!
If you are up for the Guiness Record next year we should team up and work on it mate… cover each other if we are on holiday etc but we'll come back to it  :wink:

Hope to see you in 20 odd days…. I'll probably be seeing two or three of you though with the amount I'll be downing!!  Beer, mk1's, music, BBQ, camping…… bloody awesome….!!!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Sounds like we got a plan Mr Spud! May I call you Mr Spud?
Since joining this site I have not been able to get to a local meet so the AGM will be my first all Mk1 meeting
and my first chance to say hello to everyone. Canny bloody wait  :P
I managed to get to all types and camp the weekend but I can only do the Sunday at Uttoxeter, hopefully I will be driving
to Uttox with Dek on Sunday morning and we might even try to get a few more cars to meet up for a little old convoy  :lol:

Back to the top
i can probly not attend to the ag but if this was arranged i think i could call in sick that week end

Back to the top
Oi since_1983…..

Where's your 'member' staus then?!!!!  :dontknow:  Thought that you were joining up last month!!! And you a mod for 'Member Of The Month' as well !!!!  :wink:  :lol:

Back to the top
LOL…. he's not a mod Dano :wink: …. they're trialling an idea with member of the month… no hightened privilages.

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

LOL…. he's not a mod Dano :wink: …. they're trialling an idea with member of the month… no hightened privilages.

Sorry should have given it the 'mod' bit then!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
i keep meaning to do it got the money sitting in paypal just lack of time to my self, one of us should have temeroy mod just to do the sticky and locking the poll threads etc just pm'd thing to ask for him to do it i'm bad with names

still not sure if i can make to be honest its not work its the case i have my little one every other week and it would be to much for him in a car for that long plus not sure the mother would approve
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.