Skip navigation

Any more Bristol area meets coming up soon??

Back to the top

Any more Bristol area meets coming up soon??

Hi everyone. I've missed……..well, every meet actually. Only had my beloved MK1 8 months and am keen to meet up and get geeky over this s**t haha. Any more meets planned??? :dontknow:

In Dorset, a "technical" usually involves bailer twine and a lump hammer…….

Back to the top
Hi haywire

we are planning on doing another one before the AGM, you coming to the AGM ? ?, as your welcome to convoy up with us Bristol lot.

I know mixerman is trying to get himself, me and Juss together again, then were hoping NEO, yourself and others that havnt made a meet yet are gona come along

keep an eye out for posts, im away first 2 weeks of July though :-(

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
hey.

Was seriously considering the AGM until I saw how much a drive it is. Having said that if we were in convoy i'd be up for it. I'm no stranger to driving long distances, but on your own and then not knowing anyone their makes it not as appealing ya know.

Well i'll keep my eyes out for a local meet first and hopefully hook up with some you local Dub Heads.

Nice.

Paddy

Back to the top
yeah richy is being gay wid bein on holz :P

come along to the agm man :) trust me it will be fun, exept u lot are probs gonna convoy up together an leave me as i gotta work on friday night so i wont be commin till sat (early) afternoon…

what car ya got dude :) i keep seeing a white cabby about, just wondered if it was u :P

ill keep ya in mind and when we get another meet together ill pm ya, or rich can :)

see ya about maan :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Mine is broken (again).  Would like to make the next meet though.

Back to the top
wat you done to it now.. :p
if ya ever want a hand and im not workin let me know an ill come up :) always willin to tinker with mk1s :)

Back to the top
I'm in black '83 tin top GTI. Yeah seen that white cabbie about too, but no, its not me. Seen a few mk1's about Bristol actually. Theres a white one parked on Whiteladies a fair  and a blue cabbie i see about.

Would be good to hook up with you boys at some point just to talk cars. I bore most of my mates with it and they find it hard to get excited about a new exhaust etc hahahaha.

Even if its not an official meet, maybe we should just get a few boys together one sunday avo and go on a cruise to……….Weston or summart innit  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Mine's the white one on Whiteladies.  It was a good parking spot until last Thursday, when the ticket fascists discovered I'd been parking illegally for the past 10 years.

See you at the next meet!

Back to the top
haha tut tut juss.. if only u could get em wid a laser… PEW PEW!!

yeah man would be good to get together, we only make it an "official meet" cos theres only like… 3 of us :P if one of us is busy its a third of the bristol mk1s gone lol..

im up for a random run around on a day off :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

wat you done to it now.. :p
if ya ever want a hand and im not workin let me know an ill come up :) always willin to tinker with mk1s :)

The same problem as before.  Got enough juice to run the lights qnd stuff but can't start it.  The solenoid is cllicking but starter motor wont turn.  I think it's the alternator.  Certainly something past my expertise.  Got a mate thats an auto electrician so hoping he can take a look.

Back to the top
hmm sounds more like a starter fault or maybe a bad earth somewhere… :( i hate things like that, soo hard to track down lol..

good luck dude :) hope your mate can find it :)

Back to the top
Fingers crossed.  Seeing him Thursday, just in time for the sun to disappear!

Back to the top
yup yup :( suns on its way in now by the looks of it :(

Back to the top

bristol

Yo Juss !!!! Howd you get on with those rust spots on the respray mate ?? Have got the rusty rocket going in for a bit of  freshen up for the AGM. Hope all's well, Rusty  :mrgreen:  ( Stu & Nik )

Back to the top
boys keep me update on the meet, im away from 4th July to 19th

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
what about a mid week one??? like Wednesday next week?

just gonna start throwing dates out there now lol. im free every night :)

what time does everyone finish work?
im free all afternoon wednesday

Back to the top
i will be led on a beach in cyprus topping up me tan

8)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
i ment the week you come back :P sorry im in work and skiving off to chat on here.. haaa..

so yeah, the 21st.. (i think) :P

Back to the top
At the mo I work till 8 mon -fri so unless its after that, which doesn't seem like much point, then I can only do weekends (or before 12 mon- fri haha)

Back to the top
haha what you do??? bar work i take it :P

yea but unless we meet up like… this weekend…

but then too short notice maybe?? i dunno, im up for it tho :P ill come out any night lol

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.