Skip navigation

Are all clippers carbed?

Back to the top

Are all clippers carbed?

what is the engine code? its a bit interesting, cuz none of mk1 gti k-jet's didnt had an ECU, and this one has it!  Ke-jet??? :roll:

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top
Just a note to finish this thread off,bought a sales brocher off ebay for the 1993 model Golf Convertible.

This is what it says about the Clipper:

"Golf Clipper.Available with a choice of power units-the 95bhp fuel injected 'cat' engine or a 90bhp carburated engine-the Golf Clipper represents truly excellent value for money."

So there we go all early Clippers are carbed and the last ones a choice of either.

Back to the top
Thanks for solving my conundrum. My South African Clipper has injection too. DX engine. Also has the MFA. Is there a full list of the advantages and disadvantages of this particular setup anywhere? Mine is K Tronic and is from 1990.

Back to the top
I have a 1989 gti clipper that is injection.so saying the clippers were all carbs is wrong.mine is registered as a gti clipper as well as being an all white ltd edition one.mine has no cat either as they didn't come in until 1993 onwards here.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Think the last Cabrios had GTI DX with digipants fuel injection hybrid engines due to the legally required catayst. This can casue problems later in life as no-one is familar with the setup and parts can be rare, i.e. expensive.

Later cabs did indeed have the DX engine but were running Kjet. In all my days I've never seen a mk1 with digifant in it.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.