Skip navigation

** Milton Keynes - Last meet before AGM - Tues 6th July **

Back to the top

** Milton Keynes - Last meet before AGM - Tues 6th July **

Finally did it then spudney, congrats mate!!

Its sunday the 27th june, im going to try to get the new sportline road legal for the mk meet which involves mot, tax, insurance oh and fitting a 16v lump.

Any helpers? lol

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Thanks Ant  :wink:

There's also some other news… my nephew said his first word…. what was the word?…. well haven't you heard?….. bird, nird, bird is the word I said bird-bird-bird-bird is the word  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
yeahy congrats spud :clap:  :wink:

ant5 i do believe at current i am sitting on a chair…..i hope i have succeeded in getting that song stuck in everybodys head, im just trying to liven things up a tad on here at the mo- your all being a tad quiet! :cry:

funks, i'll help you, so i guess i'll be fixing everything or putting it right when i come over then?!! ( my burning days are over, i can solder like a god now!!!)

Back to the top
Lol I'm not trusting you with solder!! Oh and where's my shrink wrap? There is none in the case?

Back to the top
Funk I think maybe my air leak is from the round rubber bit that goes on the metering head or on the other side that clips onto the throttle body… both have tears in… have you got those corrigated rubber parts mate for a gti?  I need both sections so can you pm or text a price posted please bud?  I'm going to try and get it running properly for the meet next Tuesday!!  

what are you two doing… you putting MORE power in the caddy  8O ???

Back to the top
LOL yea i have all those parts spud.

If you sweet talk ian to come over to me to collect his hood handle you could get him to pick those parts up aswell.

Not putting stuff in nicks, putting it in my new sportline.

Back to the top
Cool maybe me and Zambo could take a run out to ya bud.  I'll talk to him.

What you doing to the sportline are you dropping a new lump in it???  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Yep a 16v which im trying to get done for the meet.

old lumps ready to come out tomorrow then its just drop the new one in and hope its all ok.

Back to the top
Oh and me and nick are up the unit tomorrow night if you want to ride over?

Back to the top

funk-star said

Oh and me and nick are up the unit tomorrow night if you want to ride over?

Damn it I'm out tomorrow!!  Would have loved to have seen the lump go in (that sounds a bit dodgey  8O )!!  I could pick it up at the meet as I'm going to try and fit the one from my silver golf for now just to get it running.  I'll take it to the garage to get it tuned and running right hopefully.  Looking forward to seeing what you've done… what power will it run bud roughly?

Back to the top
At the moment it will all be stock, running injection but plan to run carbs. On the injection it's around 130 bhp.

Back to the top
Do you think you'll have it all done for the meet!?!?

Remember people this is the drive thru challenge meet and I'm bringing my camcorder….. lets break the record!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Would have loved to have seen the lump go in (that sounds a bit dodgey  8O )!!  

Spud You are one sick puppy, i know nickl wants to liven things up but that is just wrong.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Yeah but it's so wrong it's right  :mrgreen:

This is our last meet before the AGM so let's make it a big-un… newbies come along and meet everyone before the AGM!!!

Back to the top
Lol I'm a master at soldering now and yup I did say you had no shrink wrap left- my loom looks mint now- shame there's a dashboard hiding it now!!

That sportline should be seeing 138bhp on a stock kr setup, thenext upgrade for the caddy will  probably be to go back onto injection with big injectors and then a large turbo or charger but that won't be for another year or so- the next thing it needs is a very short 2.5 ss exhaust- very free flowing- it should really unleash all the head work it's had done…….mmmm power!

Just need to sort it's running issue now!! :|

Back to the top
Nickl
Stainless exhaust, Try Jetex mate, if you go on there website you can order individual bends and straight pipe in 2" 2.5" and 3" sections and exhaust flexi pipe. So you can design and build your requirements.

Just thought i would let you know. You probably have it sorted though.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Lol yeah cheers ant, I already have something up my sleeve cheers- and no bends required- I just need to find a small sized 2.5" bore centre silencer!  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
You need back pressure nick or it will be usless.

Now if you had a turbo…………

Back to the top
Funk so you're bringing the hella lens and as you've sold the friggin eyebrow…..

….Rajan, how much for you're one?

cheers

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Can you bing the rubber gti air filter bits please bud???

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.