Skip navigation

why is gsf so rude

Back to the top

why is gsf so rude

:dontknow: why is G S F  IN DERBY so rude and unhelpful . one of my friend is restoring  a split screen samba and went down to gsf stood wait for over 15 min . could hear them saying you go no you see what he wants etc . when finely sameone came was not helpful not all . he has a lot of money to spend in ££££££ . i have been number of time and i find them unhelpful do want to help .it like if thay dont no you  thay dont want to know you or help that need new staff that will help and advise you .and or havent got part s you want will not even help you fine or advise you where  to or where to look  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
sorry to hear that

i'm really lucky the guys in GSF are really helpful in leicester and the guy in VW is amazing love it when i go in  as its a callange for him

Banner

Back to the top
it must just be them in derby  . coz  spoke to sameone  and gsf in there aera are good and helpful

Back to the top
gsf in donny are very helpful, never had a problem and they always give the right advice

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Used Leeds in the past and they were Ok but def a 'trade' feeling about them and the place. Also used Bradford and OK.

Now use Sheffield and they've been fine dealing with me and finding parts for a 30 year old car.

Mate used the new Hudds branch and got given the wrong clutch for his 306, we located correct one at local autoparts place on a sunday and GSF refunded £ no questions the following week.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
that's just northeners for you mate

Back to the top
is that right  same are helpful not like me i will help anyone out and give  them my last pound .but in was not born in the uk so i dont know .

Back to the top
The Northampton branch is spot on, very helpful. You can always order on line and get the stuff delivered, or phone
them, done that a few times when I cant be bothered to drive there. :D

Dib

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Been into trafford park manchester a few times and they have been pretty cool to be honest - but they have an open office so nowhere to hide  :lol:

86 Cabby 1.6 auto - Super cool daily retro various

Back to the top

Re: why is gsf so rude

dek said

:dontknow: why is G S F  IN DERBY so rude and unhelpful . one of my friend is restoring  a split screen samba and went down to gsf stood wait for over 15 min . could hear them saying you go no you see what he wants etc . when finely sameone came was not helpful not all . he has a lot of money to spend in ££££££ . i have been number of time and i find them unhelpful do want to help .it like if thay dont no you  thay dont want to know you or help that need new staff that will help and advise you .and or havent got part s you want will not even help you fine or advise you where  to or where to look  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

if ever you're in the situation above where shop staff wont come out from the back room to help cos they're too bloody lazy,start filling your pockets with goods from the shop-bet they'll come out then 8)

Back to the top
GSF Swinton, Manchester always been spot on and very helpful. :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
lutons one are friendly enough but sometimes you need to talk to two or three of the guys there to get the right advice and sometimes they say they have the parts over the phone, then when you get there they havent been ordered! highly annoying!!!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Call head office with the names of the guys who proved unhelpful, maybe they're in the wrong job.

Looking for a series1 passenger side under dash shelf and fittings.

Back to the top
A Big Up for the Nottingham gsf staff who are always knowledgable and friendly.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Again Swinton GSF manchester is perfect and has been for me over 10 years.
Shaun, Graham and gang are top blokes.
For your vw parts, shaun, short guy with gl;asses is the man in the know, your part is on counter within 1 minute unless needed to be ordered, which usually next morning.
Don't know if me but when i am in their, laughs are a many and a nice feel to the place
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
The staff @ the Accrington branch were fantastic, until they closed it in Feb  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: Nothing too much trouble, have a natter etc and I've used Trafford Park who again were spot on customer service wise. May be a letter to head office outlining your issues may result in a kick up the jacksy for that particular branch  :D

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Hi dek,
Shame you had probs with them, I have found them usefull here in Derby if a little slow.
I reckon there are lots of bits he could get from vw heritage etc for his van.
We need some better weather for a meet and  abeer at the station matey lol.
I will have the carb off ya mate if you don't need it.
Hope you are well.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
I use the one in Trafford park alot, the guys are really sound and you can have a good banter with them!. Have to be honest though and say they've not got a fantastic history of giving me the correct part first time round, despite giving them the chasis and reg numbers  :banghead:  could well be a new lad/trainee  i guess  :dontknow: but overall I think that they're pretty good!

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
car parts suppliers have this trick of if they ain't got what you asked for they will give you something like it, you then go home to fit the part, you then find its the wrong one :banghead:

so you ring them up and say "hey you gave me the wrong part"

them "OK sir/madame Ive looked and we haven't got the part you need but it will be in tomorrow morning, call back and we will swap it no worries"

this way if they had said they hadn't got it in the 1st place you would have walked out and tried another factors and they would have lost a customer this way they have your cash and know you will wait, common practise in the trade..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
sheffield have always been good with me , thet would even deliver parts to my house …….but recently that has stopped due to new managment/ staff …….ask for dan , he is a top bloke and will help you if he  can

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.