Skip navigation

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

Back to the top

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

Where does the loose wire go to ?? The wire has a switched live in going to cut back the wiring and c where it goes ? All the plugs have wires in them so not at sensor side ?

Back to the top
pics?

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Tryd to upload some pics but bit of a mission coulnt sort it out if u give me your number I can send u some mms pics on my phone easyer ? Its a puzzle Lol

Back to the top
my phone doesnt do pics! could email em to my username @hotmail.com :)

Back to the top
hi john i had a look the wire goes to plug f/05 wheres does it go to it says F/05 Digifant ECU Pin 1, Thermotime Switch (CIS-E) Main Fusebox Starter Power Red/Black (CIS-), Brown/Red (1989) or Red/Green (1990+) (Digifant)
????????????????????????????????????????????????? doesnt really tell me where to put it ?? can help ill send you some pics to your email thanks mate

Back to the top
and i havnt wired up alternator exciter wire using old one does that matter aswell ?

Back to the top
its a starter motor live feed, it should connect to the brown 2 pin plug plug to the large brown sensor on the side of the head near the coolant flange.
does the battery light come on with the ignition then go out once the car is started?

Back to the top
Ye it goes out but only because I'm using old wiring still . I disconnected the iav yesterday and messed with the screw on the throttle body and got the car to run pretty sweat wired pump up to m1 m2 all good everything working like it should . But would like to get that iav working thou ill send some pics to your email address tonight to show u what I mean thanks john

Back to the top
right cutted back the loom and found that broken wire it went to that brown sensor so solderd that all up big the car still revs up when connecting the iav ?????? it might just b faulty i hope ??? the only wire i havnt connected up is the light blue wire alternator exciter wire but using old wiring so not that bothered ?? just getting exhaust welded up now and just tidying up wiring . the only other problem ive got is the manifold off the corrado , the gear selector arm hits the back stud on manifold ill just take stud out and put a bolt in instead job sorted thanks for all the help :)

Back to the top
hmm, you keep saying aav, but the 16v should have an isv. are you pluging in an old mk1 aav unit?

Back to the top
hi na sorry i mean isv dont know why i keep sayin aav ?? but ye cant plug it on just revs at 3000 ??? how does it all work what tells the isv to work ??

Back to the top
the isv controller behind the dash controls it, could be the temp sensor for isv is duff or the idle switch isnt working.  or it might just need setting up on the idle, once the car is running right give it a fiddle on the idle and co setup. co wants setting to 1.8% at idle, and the idle you set with the red/black wire to the isv controller disconnected. you should see the spade for it near the coil

Back to the top
hi john ye ive got the isv controller ive looked for that red/black wire the only one i can see goes to a white plug then it goes to the master for brake light switch is that the one?and where is the co and idle screw ? thanks ade

Back to the top
no its not that one, it should be hanging off the coil -ve wire (should have 2 wires to 1 of the spades)
how to set it up:
http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195423

Back to the top
ive had a look and cant c that wire looked at link but i dont seem to have it ??? ill keep looking but link was good thanks , right ive also just got a mk2 golf gti rear axle and brakes can i just bolt up or replace ends ? and what cables do i use ? thanks ade

Back to the top
got to change the stub axles over plus bits bolted to it, beam is different. scirocco 16v cables should work, but mkae sure you have some kind of bias valve in the system to stop the rears locking up

Back to the top
Sweet ye ill use the one that come with the axle :) I'm just checking iav with the iav plugged on I'm getting about 2,5 vlts at the valve is that enought ? Or should it b 12v ? Still got the over revving problem all runs and sounds sweet . If it runs without the iav then I plug it on the revs don't change but if I plug it on and then start it it revs up :( a head scratcher thanks ade

Back to the top
there should be 12v on the black wire, but need to test between there and an earth point.  if you test actross the p[lug pins it'll read different as its like a pulsed signal on the earth side.  ive found that on mine the isv doesnt buzz if you plug it in with the ignition on, but it will if you plug it in with ign off then switch ign on. bit odd but hey ho.  since it makes a difference with isv on or off, id say the system is working but either the isv is toast or you need to sort out that red/black wire to the isv control unit to make it work properly

Back to the top
ye on my isv plug i have 2 white wires one with a black line through it when i checked at a earth point i have 12v down both wires ?? is that right?? mine does the same with ign off and on .i tryd putting a wire from the red and black wire with a male spade end on and white plug to coil but didnt seem to change it at all . does the isv put air in or does it just block air ? thanks sorry for all the questions just want it to run right and all work ill send some pics to your email tomoz . oh and what fuse is it for the isv think i popped it checking it over it stopped working lol

Back to the top
hmm that doesnt sound right at all, isv fuse depends where you wired it in!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.