Skip navigation

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

Back to the top

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

pm me your email addy, i have one which should help ya oot

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
cheers dude,just sent u it  :)

Back to the top
hi again just a guicky if i use the earth trigger off ecu loom for fuel pump do i still need to use a relay or can i just use a ign live thanks ade

Back to the top
best to use a relay chap, ecu isnt really designed to run zee pump direct

Back to the top
hi again i cant seem to find the earth fuel pump trigger wire went to wire  up today but couldnt see it its number 9 in the picture red and yellow wire ??? does it need it?? thanks again ade

Back to the top
it should be hanging off your ecu plug yeah, red/yellow wire.  you could use a k-jet mk2 fuel pump relay instead if you like, but the later digi/kr relays are easier to get in scrappies. depending on the car the loom came from 9 may be a 2 pin, 3 pin or even 4 pin plug

Back to the top
JOHN HELP im all wired up mk1 gti tank in and fuel lines in fuel at metering unit got spark trys on easy start but wont start?ne ???? what am i missing ?????i undo the 4 13s to the injectors fuel there ?? cant c why it wont start please help

Back to the top
is the fuel pump priming with ignition and running when the engien is cranking over? if so, what fuel pump setup did you use, was it a proper k-jet setup with accumulator?

I wonder if you have low fuel pressure, was the filter replaced?  injectors need around 2.4bar to open, so its possible to get fuel to injectors but nothing actually spraying out.  Might be worth doing a fuel injector test, remove all 4 injectors and put em in 4 equal size containers. bridge the pump relay socket to get pump going, then manually lift the metering head flap up as high as it will go, then drop it. should see a nice even mist of fuel out of all 4. disconnect the pump relay and clean the injector tips, should be no drips after around 5 mins.  then check volume delivered is same on all 4

Back to the top
hi john ye priming and running all good put a new fuel filter on and new pump and using accumulator whats to go but wont but ive got two wires down by the starter motor a blue one and green and red i checked and got no power at the csv ?? do i need to connect up to starter? ill pull the injectors out and av a look cheers mate oh one last thing the tps the wires got ripped out on removal ive fitted 3 nice new wires but not sure where they go to wat does pin 123 need? thanks again ade

Back to the top
there should be a spade plug with 2 black wires at the starter motor. blue wire sounds like oil pressure warning, green/red is for the isv control unit, it should connect to one of the 3 black single pin sensors on the side of the head. you should also have a red/yel and a white/blue wire to the other 2.  the oil pressure switches are both on the oil filter housing.

Back to the top
hi john right she fires up and can rev her but she wont tick over the question i want to ask is where do all the little vacuum hoses go the ones off the manifold to servo and on the intake pipe ??? tryed looking around first but cant find it anywhere ?? and any ideas on ticking over or is it related ??? thanks again ade

Back to the top
1 of the nipples on the servo pipe is connected to the ecu, the ohter one runs to the over-run cutoff valve and the vacuum switch for cold throttle enrichment.

it sounds likr the idle and mixture need tweaking to get it to idle

Back to the top
right she running ticks over about1500rpm then after about 5 to 10 secs it revs at 3000rpm ????what have i done wrong must b something simple ?? and one more thing fuel pump wiring i cant find the trigger earth wire off ecu wiring ?? whats the best way to wire this up others wise the pump will run all the time the ign is on ??? nearlly there now :)

Back to the top
are you using the right relay, needs to be 67, 80 or 167. since you didnt touch wiring to fusebox trigger wire should be there already.

as for the revving thing, start by checkign the 3 sesnors on the side of the head are all black, and the resistances read the same. make sure nthe isv buzzes with the ignition, and the throttle switch clicks when the throttle is shut. apart from that just look look for air leaks and splits.everything over,

then check the ignition timing, once thats right tweak the idle & co and it should idle just fine.

Back to the top
Hi john right checked the isv buzzes it does the only sensors I can see is the 3 1 pin looks like temp sensors the plug to the dizzy the cold start injector and that other pump with 2 hard fuel lines to ? What colour wire goes to what pin ? Is it possible I can ring you or u ring me ? My number is 07795558128 just would b easyer to explane on the phone tryed today and it just shoots to 3000 rpm ? I used mostly new gaskets and grease to seal ? Thanks ade

Back to the top
the 3 single pin wires should be connected to black sensors on the side of the head, the large brown one should have a brown plug with a red/black and green/white wire. the other bit on the side with the fuel lines is your WUR, this should have a grey plug with a red/white and brown wire.

is the throttle closing all the way to the stop?  might be worth having a look at the dizzy timing as well. oh and pop the rubber boot off the airbox, when at rest the flap should be flush with the narrowest part of the air cone at the front edge.

giz a pm and I'll send you my number ;)

Back to the top
Hi john. Any time after six mate is cool I got home early today to av a look my brown plug has a green and white and red and green down by the starter I have got a broken wire red and green did cont test and its the wire off the brown plug where does it go to and is this my problem ? Cool hope to speak soon cheers ade

Back to the top
red/green wire should run to one of the sensors on the side of the head, this one is for the isv controller.
the brown plug should have a black/red and a white/green

Back to the top
Well I have a green and red wire to the sensor on the side of the head and a green and red off that brown plug but where does go from there its all plugged up on engine ?

Back to the top
hmm, must be the black/red wire equivilant then, its a starter live feed for the 5th injector. without that it could cause the 5th injector to fire for too long, chunking in a load of extra fuel

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.