Skip navigation

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

Back to the top

16v conversion wiring using both fuse boxs???

hi all the wiring is doin my head in im running original wiring and fuse box and a 90 corrado fuse box and loom but cant seem to power up fuse box looked at all sorts of diagrams but just need some one to simplefy it for me must only b a few wires its just knowing where they go :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :banghead: its pissing me of some one please help thanks ade

Back to the top
This link should give you the pin outs for the two fuseboxes:

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/electrical.html

…no-one can really help you without being able to tell how you've wired it up so far.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
I couldn't advise using 2 fuseboxes, and I'd not even advise to try "convert" the car from using its original fusebox/loom to the 1990 Corrado fusebox and wiring loom. Basically, there's not that many adaptions to make so you can just do a few tweaks here and there.

Back to the top
hi well i just want to use the corrado fuse box just for the engine managment ive run a live to pin 30 and y/03 and a ground to pin z2 thinking this will power it up as it says these are the points  :dontknow: im using my old wiring for starter alternator ?? should i do that or use the corrado one does the ecu take a live from the engine thought it would b a piece of pie with a cherry on top  :roll: what a div harder than i thought just not sure on system  :banghead: thanks ade

Back to the top
what managment is it? if 1.8 kr its crazy to use the whole fusebox for it as there is basically bugger all wiring needed to make it work

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
hi ye im using kr engine powered fuse box with z1 z2 30 30b and y3 and start with h11 h12 h13 h14?? is that right it turns over and got spark ?? what is power output for fuel pump ?? thanks ade

Back to the top
z1 is injector output, which isnt needed.  you need F, G1 and G2 plus Z2 to earth and Y to +ve.  fuel pump power output is on plug H. you also need to run and ignition live feed to plug H1/4.  Fuel pump output is plug M.  Have a read of this:
http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215372

as above though, there are like 3 wires to the fusebox to run the kr. the spark controller is completely wired in the engine bay, no fusebox feeds at all.  ecu has a wire to trigger the fuel pump,  but you could just use a k-jet fuel relay without a rev counter in.

isv controller, throttle switch and over-run cutoff valve need an ign live feed and you need fuel pump power for wur and starter motor feed for 5th inj thermoswitch.

really is an absolute doddle to wire in. if car was originally a k-jet its even easier 90% of the wires you need are there already.

Back to the top
john i love the fact that your a dub addict looked at lots of your stuff very helpful thanks you i knew it could b done everyone was boggling my head saying it couldnt b done nearly there now just need gti fuel tank and manifold hope to take to some stuff this year and ill try and upload some photos but sounds a bit of a mission ??thanks again your the man . ade :)

Back to the top
sorry is it y3 for ignition live?or y4?ive put a starter live to pin h1/3 aswell for starter and is plug s wipers ? and what pin in plug h or m for fuel pump and doesnt the fuse box need a main live ?? sorry for all the questions close now so want to get it out:):):)

Back to the top
all of the pins in block wire should be permanent live, the main ign live feed to the fusebox is H1/4.  Starter feed is H1/1. front wiper motor is plug S, wiper switch goes to plug J and H1. washer motor is plug C, rear wiper motor is plug K.

fuel pump power pin is M/2

Back to the top
wicked sorted all that now last question on this i promise what wire do i wire to the clocks for temp gauge and what wire on the clocks ?? non gti clocks thanks again all the info has been a great help :):):)

Back to the top
chop the wire at G2/3 and splice to pin 4 on the 14 pin dash plug :)

Back to the top
sorry to hijack the thread but i need some advice myself,im doin a kr conversion myself into a 1600 but usin r1 carbs ive got the ecu for the kr ive seen a wirin diagram but can anyone put it into english for me lol

Back to the top

1 - Earth to battery -ve
2 - KR ign controller plug
3 - TCI-H plug
4 - Black - KR ign controller & TCI-H ign live - terminal 15 side of coil
5 - Green - Coil trigger - terminal 1 side of coil
\- red/black - spade is for the isv control unit, the main wire is the rev counter feed
6 - Brown - Earth to cylinder head
7 - Blue/white - Temp sensor feed (use one of the 3 on the side of the head)
8 - Dizzy plug
9 - red/yellow - Fuel pump relay earth trigger
\- black/yellow - idle switch feed (12v feed with throttle shut)

Back to the top
cool,cheers for that dude,do i need all the wires with me running carbs

Back to the top
need pretty much all the wires there, only one that isnt required is the black/yel on plug 9. the red/yel may also not be required depending how you plan to run the fuel pump

Back to the top
all sorted cheers i fitted it today

Back to the top

rubjonny said

need pretty much all the wires there, only one that isnt required is the black/yel on plug 9. the red/yel may also not be required depending how you plan to run the fuel pump

had'nt thought about it,i'm gonna run an R1 fuel pump,whats the best way to wire it in

Back to the top
i think the r1 pump will be controlled fine by the carbs, but not 100% sure. I know some bike carb/pump combos sort themselves out anyway. in this case it just needs an ign live feed.

alternatively wire up a std trigger relay for the pump, but run the earth pin from it to the red/yel wire and it'll be ecu controlled.

Back to the top

rubjonny said

alternatively wire up a std trigger relay for the pump, but run the earth pin from it to the red/yel wire and it'll be ecu controlled.

:pray: cheers for that,this way sounds good to me,not too gud with electrics,dont suppose u have some sort of diagram :redfaced:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.