Skip navigation

Owned it for one week and headgasket has gone

Back to the top

Owned it for one week and headgasket has gone

Sorry, I'm wrong, they do go clockwise. My memories not what it was, I blame it on the Spingo in the Blue Anchor.

Back to the top
All done :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

dizzy needed a very slight twist and she fired up a good un……………. got a timing light at the car boot this afternoon will get her all timed up later……………. went for a spin all seems good

big thank you to everyone for their help and advice :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
pleasure is all ours

remember 17-19btdc :)

Banner

Back to the top

Ok then 17 -19 BTDC :dontknow:  :dontknow:

so i have taken of the dizzy vac hose and pluged it cars warm and idleing at 800 Rpm get the timing gun all conected up….

and this is what i see…….
  the red line being the timing mark….. now is this BTDC or is it ATDC the haynes manual makes it sound as though its ATDC which makes no sense as the direction the engine turns surely would make this BTDC????? also how do you now what 17-19 degrees is????

Back to the top
btdc = before top dead centre

atdc = after top dead centre

tdc = top dead centre

what this mean is the timing of the spark

so btbc means the when the piston is coming up the barrel and compressing the fuel it firsts btbc

now i not sure on how to set it with a normal timing gun as i have a varible on which can be ajusted to the right figure

Banner

Back to the top
As far as I know your flywheel should have two marks, a dot which is TDC, and a dash - the ignition timing mark. So long as you've got the original flywheel, and its highly unlikely you haven't, just line the dash up with the pointer and give it a run. Try putting Shell Vmax in it, its 99 octane. Cheers.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.