Skip navigation

What is driving your Mk1 like?............

Back to the top

What is driving your Mk1 like?............

I love my Volkswagens, MK2s previously….but theres something different with my MK1, it drives so much better, sounds sad, but its the only reason i get up to go to work, just for that 15 minute drive in it. the amount of looks i get too, felt like i was famous the other day on the way home. BEST FEELING EVER.

i'm truely in love  :redfaced:

never thought I'd ever be able to own one.

Sad i know  :lol:

Dubsy

1983 Mars red MK1 Wagen.

Back to the top
every time i take my golf out is a new adventure, a new knock, a new queake. and waiting for the next thing to pack up. but atleast it shines better hat most of the new cars on the road. haha

Back to the top
Once I've got the auto choke to kick in (by dabbing the accelerator on start up, usually ok the 3rd time 8O 6th in winter  :lol: ) and let it idle for 5mins it's ready to go. Then it's bliss  :mrgreen: The engine works, the stereo works, the brakes work kind of, it's fuelled, taxed, MOT'd and insured. If the sun's out BONUS  8)    8) The fact it has no airbags, abs, power steering makes it better as it needs to be nurtured, cajoled and respected even if it's just a run to Asda  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
ive only just got mine yesterday im getting it on the road tommorrow cant wait have driven it on the test drive bit different to the a4 v6 quattro ive just got rid that was easy to drive smooth quiet but id rather be in the golf any day it reminds me of my old renault 5 gt turbo just slower but i can sort that love the way it handles brakes are fun but all in all its like ive alway driven it

if it aint broke dont fix it but betters allways better

Back to the top
Like driving a tin bath fitted with wheels, no abs, no power steering, almost no braking and a bag of bolts for a gear box.

But its fantastic and wouldnt swap it for the world, who needs the luxurys of a modern car to make you grin. :D

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.