Skip navigation

What is driving your Mk1 like?............

Back to the top

What is driving your Mk1 like?............

just thought it'd be interesting to see how happy driving your mk1 makes you feel….

mine is like the moment when you wake up n think DAMN I am late for work then realise its Saturday! ! ! ! ! now that is a nice feeling!

anyone else?

Back to the top
Its a sweet little thing. Makes the other vehicles I drive regularly, feel like tractors!

Back to the top
mines like an angry child with a bad case of flu but boy does it make me smile

Back to the top
i'm not going to know for the next month or so, mine is going in for surgery.

Having said that, i drive the golf 65 miles a day, and apart from the lack of power, comfort, quiet, speed, brakes, steering, smoothness, throttle response and hydraulic tappets, its an alright car

:roll:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Since the 20vt it is a tad scary.

Back to the top

Bigadd said

Since the 20vt it is a tad scary.

dont be scared of it embrace the fear :lol:

Back to the top
i have been away all week came yesterday,  and the first thing i did when park  up was to get the mk1 out and the wife was not happy at all.all i got was that car, love driving it fun fun

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
Love it!

The fact it doesnt get traction in the first 3 gears makes me laugh everytime.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top
It's squeaky, farrtles, the suspension has very little travel and breacks my spine evey time I drive over an atom.  You usually have to write out a request for the breaks to be any good.  It's noisy, and I'm pretty sure the exhaust shouldn't be emitting those kinds of smells.  However it's MY Golf, and I love it :)

Back to the top
since i got it its been a dream :) i love it! yeah its harsh, yea its SLLOWWWW, yea the brakes dont work but ya chuck it round a corner at any speed, ya get under steer ya lift off the gas an get over steer, lush to control… :P

but all that aside… yeah i love it and now its got the mk3 vr6 interior is SOOOO comfy :) i actually never want to get out of it :P

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
so in a nutshell… its like coming over the brow of a hill and seeing a perfect set of waves rollin in :)
(if ya surf ull get it)

gets ur heart pumpin :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

so in a nutshell… its like coming over the brow of a hill and seeing a perfect set of waves rollin in :)
(if ya surf ull get it)

gets ur heart pumpin :)

one of the best feelings in the world, had it this morning as we came over the top of the hill on the way to watergate bay in the splitty - going back for a surf this afternoon.

as for my golf though - it drives like a drunken donkey but i love it all the same  8)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
When it works I love it… when it's broken I hate it…. not hat as in I want to get rid of it just hate as I can't jump in and drive it  :(

Both my gti's aren't running at the minute and the missus says I'm a grumpy git  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Can't speak for my GTI as i have'nt driven that(no, sitting behind the steering wheel making engine noises does'nt count apparently… :D ), my 1.1 was a right laugh, i was proud as it the first car i bought, it was slow, but it was mine, the GX was more comfortable and much quicker, i always loved taking either of them out as i knew i had something special. That siad i get the same feeling from the corrado, just that good feeling of thinking'what are the chances of seeing another one of these while i'm out?' As of yet have'nt seen another corrado and remember just 1 tintop when the gx was running, saw cabby's all the time, but they don't count  :mrgreen:

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
sound just like me happy when it is running and grumy git . the missus dont take too me when grumpy . many a time want to get rid but love been in the driving seat  and the looks you get when out in it

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
Bumpy, too loud, hot, squeaky, drinks too much fuel…………………………..

AND I LOVE IT  :D  :D

G60

Back to the top
^^^^

:clap: :clap:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
No abs, no power steering, no mod cons or luxuries, you got to get the revs just right to engage gears…..I LOVE IT!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Drive 30K miles a year for my job in the 07 civic and sometimes i get to a client 200 miles from home and dont even know how i got there :-), with the civic you dont have to drive it, it drives itself

however when i pull the golf out of the garage, the tops down and the sun is burning the back of my neck, im grabbing the steering wheel to get it round a corner, and im pressing the brake pedeal long before i wanna stop PURE BLISS ! wouldnt change it for the world !

If you dont have or have driven a mk1 you will never know the feeling

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
mixerman wrote:
so in a nutshell… its like coming over the brow of a hill and seeing a perfect set of waves rollin in
(if ya surf ull get it)

gets ur heart pumpin

one of the best feelings in the world, had it this morning as we came over the top of the hill on the way to watergate bay in the splitty - going back for a surf this afternoon.

glad someone else is a surfer :P how was it? today was crap in croyde… 3 hours in the golf for a 0-1 ft swell…

sorry to go off topic :)

so yeah when the golf breaks down, its like driving all that way for nothing but a ripple :P

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.