Skip navigation

Bring on the price war!

Back to the top

Bring on the price war!

i have just came back from cornwell it cost me £80 to get down and £40 plus when down for runing around . it did cost me that last year . fuel down there was £1.22.9 in same and going up

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
I put £20 in the missus' car today at £1.22

then 30 mins later it goes down to £1.17

TBH i can't see the fuss about a couple of pence here and there. Obviously, it's gone up a stupid amount thanks to tax (and $ to £ exchange rate) but think about it,

Take a 45 litre fill @ £1/litre.  £45.

make it £1.02 (the average single price hike) £45.90

less than a pound difference. sure it goes up and up which i hate, but i think that everyone going on about 2p here and there is a bit OTT

[/my 2 cents]

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
IIRC, when I first filled up my first (1962) Riley Elfie it cost me less than 5s.0d. a gallon…. thats 25p  in new munny and since there's about 4.5 litres in a gallon, thats 5 and 1/2 pence per litre….and that included the tax!!!!!…..mind you, I only got paid £2.19s.11d per week….and my knees aren't as good as they used to be!!!

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
make it £1.02 (the average single price hike) £45.90

less than a pound difference. sure it goes up and up which i hate, but i think that everyone going on about 2p here and there is a bit OTT

[/my 2 cents]

but 1.02 to 1.22 is not 2p here and ther now is it!
i remember only couple of years ago when we was striking at 95p and a couple more pence here and ther it will soon be £1.50

Back to the top
£1.30 per litre here n thats right along side europes biggest oil terminal , thats £60 to fill my saab turbo (daily driver)

There are too many online users to list.