Skip navigation

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

Back to the top

mk1 1976 golf swallowtail

i willl man, she on the road now too, seemed to get reeli hot on very very short journeys, took thermo out for now and driving with my heater on just to be on the safe side, need to buy a new thermo asap tho and maybe a new fan sensor cuz my fan works just doesnt kick in so, just trackin down the problem atm, cleanin my bumpers up they are goin back on, but besides that seems fine :D

Back to the top

a few pictures of boot under carpet

i am really shocked at how clean it is, its like a toy, my phone camera has been battered and doesnt do the colour any justice at all! but oh well,

Back to the top
oh and when cleaning it out i found a 50p which is the same age as the car 1976 and a 10p which is 1979 haha

Back to the top
i say leave the coins where u found them lol.will be a nice suprise agen in 10 years! mite be worth 52p by then haha. the coin that is....

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
haha yeah

Back to the top
does anyone know the colour code for my golf, or where i can find it?i know theres a few codes under the bonet and few when the doors open

Back to the top
The sticker is on the boot floor to the left of the spare wheel well. You can see it in your pics on the last page.

I think its senegal red L31A

Back to the top

JoeB said

The sticker is on the boot floor to the left of the spare wheel well. You can see it in your pics on the last page.

I think its senegal red L31A
ok thanks :), al have a look when i next have time lol, have no time to do anythin, or money!

Back to the top
Any more updates mate.

Pics

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
havent done anythin for a while tbh, iv got drilled and grooved discs in the post as mine are very worn and even damaging my alloys, need to sand down my bumpers and get them painted, would have prefered them chromed but no where close enough does it, my fan seems to have stopped working again, i have no indicators either, and my headlights are very dim, and the auto choke is driving me insane, really looking into a conversion, maybe mk2 gti engine,  somewhere in the future

Back to the top
Keep it original mate, it would be so much better!! Well worth the hassle!

Rich

Back to the top
have you seen the yellow one on ebay for like £9999?

Back to the top
Yeh I have done! Should definitely keep it original! Just think about that yellow one and look forward to yours being like that! Just take your time with it!

Back to the top
thats yellow one is vr6 haha,
tbh, iv got like a little list of things i need:
- 1 bumper end cap ( rear right or front left)
-drivers side rear light (no reverse)
-indicators! headlights!
- respray, then am happy

Back to the top
Ooops! Didnt look at it that much obviously!! Exactly so there is much and you'll have an awesome looking car!

Back to the top
i want diff wheels, just not standard ones, but all in good time, gota sell my mini coop aswell

Back to the top
I just hope mine looks like yours at some point tbh! Yeah get some nice rims, really make a car imo.

Back to the top
next sunny day we get il get the better camera out and il tke more pics, you got a 1.1?

Back to the top
Yeah I'm looking forward to more pictures mate! Nope, I've got a GTi but its a bloody mess atm! Have a look on my build thread! Where are you located btw?

Rich

Back to the top
can you link me to your thread? i want a faster car! just my mk1 but faster! haha, im from near liverpool, place called wirral

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.