Skip navigation

Have you really locked my thread??????

Back to the top

Have you really locked my thread??????

well said!

Back to the top
From my point of view, and I am sure many others in the club will agree.

(1) You are very welcome on this forum.
(2) You are very welcome at the Annual Gathering, as long as you are a paid up member you can attend the AGM on the Saturday and have paid for entry to the weekend/Sat or Sun to camp and enjoy other like minded peoples company.
(3) It has been debated many times as to whether Jetta's can feature as Club cars, project threads etc etc - it was decided that they would not be allowed. It is a MK1 Golf Owners club, for people who own or have a soft spot for the MK1 Golf.

I do hope that the locked thread has not put you off, please continue to update the thread in its new home - it is a rare beast you have there !! Just a shame it has square headlights and a boot ;-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I still think this is just so sad.

Over on the mk1 polo site they are all only too happy to see a derby.

You lot are just racist towards my car.

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top
lol, would i be able to join the mk1 jetta site and start a thread in the 'mk1 jetta projects and pictures' section about a caddy?

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
Whoever makes the rules here needs really to go on PR course i think.

Pathetic i say but i guess many others wont say that even if they feel it as are to worried to do so.

It seems if you are not "One of the chosen" few threads get started and you get no replies anyway, and if you do its the same old people who will always answer.

We had this with M7R a while ago when he mentioned the running of th eForum and a few other things i thought he had a very valid point but it came to nothing.

Pity

Back to the top
I'm here for the mk1 "golf"… it's my passion.  I'd be on the mk1 jetta site if I had that or the polo site if I had one of them… I would understand why I would be told not to place my golf in the jetta/polo etc for sale section… as it says mk1 jetta/polo/caddy etc in the web address.  Include everything and you take people away from the dedicated sites many people have spent a lot of time creating like the caddy site, jetta site and this golf site.  

I'm honestly confused as to why this even comes up.  It says golf in the title.  I'm interested in all types of retro cars including mini's and old cortina's etc and wouldn't mind seeing them in general chat.  I'm clear on it though.  Mk1 golf site here, mk1 jetta site, caddy site etc elsewhere but I think this site welcomes everyone.  Yes it has exclusions to keep the site dedicated to the golf but it doesn't stop others talking in general chat???

Back to the top
The reason i have got so annoyed about this, is because its was MK1 GOLF owners that wanted me to post up a build thread on this site.

I agree the mods need a pr course.

The simple solution to keep myself and other members happy would be to add another forum category called "Other MK1 Golf Based projects"

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top

s1oww said

The reason i have got so annoyed about this, is because its was MK1 GOLF owners that wanted me to post up a build thread on this site.

I agree the mods need a pr course.

The simple solution to keep myself and other members happy would be to add another forum category called "Other MK1 Golf Based projects"

Why do I and other mods need a PR course?  I do loads for public relations so that insult is out of order.  I run a COTM competition, monitor threads for content, administer Cars for sale and try to keep an amicable atmosphere on the site by welcoming newbies etc.  This takes up a lot of my spare time and I resent that comment.  It is easy to judge others when you do not know what is involved.  If you want to make your point about whether or not something should be added/changed then go for it but please leave the insults out.  This is not a job it's a hobby and I think mods should have a little respect for dedicating their spare time so that others can benefit.

Back on topic, I'd take your suggestion further with an "Other projects" thread instead of "Other MK1 Golf Based Projects".  I'm not sure if that has been proposed before but may be an option to be discussed.

Back to the top
What do you call a mk1 Golf without a boot or square headlights ?

Very lucky at birth ;-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I think we are victims of our own success……. this is such a well run site and extremely popular that it encourages people to get involved. Not all the topics discussed interest everyone admittedly but so be it but at least we have an active forum…which is polite informative and on occasions remotely funny  :D

I dont really think people are having a pop at the mods on here…… just a bit frustration i guess……. and I for one appreciate all the work that is done by people on here for no reward except running the site.

i would as a fully paid up and active member of this site propose that at the AGM this matter is discussed and that if it takes the introduction of a new section for builds of interest that are VW golf mark one family based……

P.S. what is a Jetta?  :D

Back to the top
This topic has been answered soooo many times now.  :roll:

Why does it keep coming back?

The Chairman has made his position very clear. He's spoke to his respective counterparts in the other clubs and they also agree with the approach that we have taken.

This club is by far the largest and most active forum in the Mk1 platform family but that has only been because of the members contributions by the members and years of hard work put in by respective committee and moderators. To encompase all forms of the Mk1 platform would effectively seal the end to the other smaller, quieter forums and wouldn't be fair would it?

There is NOTHING to stop owners of Jetta or Caddys using this forum for advice but primarily we are here for the GOLF. Do we really need to keep going round in circles???

If you wish to make a difference, volunteer for a mods position or get elected to the committee when a vacancy arises and see things from a different perspective. It may cause you to open your eyes a little!  8O

Back to the top
If the moderators send me via PM there address i will personally send them a Lollipop as thanks for your work and to show i have no hard feelings.

Please when you PM select what flavour you require.

Back to the top
I think what we really need to get to grips with is the primary focus of this club.  Being the Mk1 Golf owner Club, that is where the focus of this site is.   I agree it's fairly unusual to have a specific make and model forum but thats what we have and over the last 6 years it's become an invaluable global source on the marque.  I'm sure you'll all agree that it's helped you out in the past, as, have you helped out others.  There was 55,000 page views yesterday, now thats had to have solved a few problems.

We all have interests outside of the mk1 golf, even VW.  But the fact remains that this site is focused on the Mk1 golf.  Please, feel free to tell everyone about your other interests and pursuits, cars you build, ideas for where to go on holiday or even help fixing your lawnmower! It all makes interesting reading and debate.  But lets keep it all in the general section and not shift focus from our aims.

Banner

Back to the top
keep everything non golf in the general section, simples.

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top

s1oww said

I feel your pain s1oww  :boohoo:

DubPartz

Back to the top

Bigadd said

If the moderators send me via PM there address i will personally send them a Lollipop as thanks for your work and to show i have no hard feelings.

Please when you PM select what flavour you require.

PM Sent  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
So why was the original thread locked and not just moved to the general section, would have saved a huge argument and not offended sloww feelings toward us as a club.

Back to the top

DubPartz said

s1oww said

I feel your pain s1oww  :boohoo:

Out of car terms you are putting it like this, going onto an ipod forum and going on about your mp3 player because it is similar.  If the website was the mk1ownersclub then fair enough but being a mk1golfownersclub i would say keep it too mk1golfs.  Just my opinion.

Alex

Back to the top
When a thread gets locked does the person who started it get notified?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.