Skip navigation

Have you really locked my thread??????

Back to the top

Have you really locked my thread??????

My mk1 2 door jetta build thread has been locked?

I had a lot of interest and positive feed back from the guys on here.

That is a top way to great new members, it is a golf, with a boot.
Really rare car too.

Really hacked off!!!!

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top
feel your pain mate i dont get it

golf with a softtop is ok
golf with a boot not ok
golf with a flatbed not ok

all the parts of all the above are pretty interchangable

perhaps the club need to move forward a few steps and start allowing great looking cars like slowws to be shown ?????

Back to the top
thats a real shame dude was looking forward to the progress on this project.

Dont get it either  :dontknow:

G60

Back to the top
That is a shame mate, your jetta looked really good to. It is daft,but i suppose the arguement is this is the golfmk1 owners club, not the golf, jetta and caddy mk1 owners club. Still daft IMO.

Tom

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Gutted I was looking forward to watching that thread. I think it's all the same, Mk1 Golf, Rabbit, Jetta & Caddy. It's just some people are stuck in the past and can't look forward. What if I took a MK1 golf tin top and welded a jetta boot on to it? Hang on though, i'd better kurb my wild tonge or i'll be in trouble  :roll:

Back to the top
I love the Jetta thread but it is in the Mk1 Golf Projets section, which it is not !!

There is no such thing as a Golf with a boot, it is a Jetta !!

This is an age old argument that I thought the club had decided a firm view on !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hi sorry we have an agreement with the Jetta forum chairman not to include Jetta related items .

Quote from site ………….

Jetta Chairman found it strange we where discussing this as they don't get anyone who solely owned a Golf wanting to become a member of their site.

THE BOTTOM LINE

No Jetta's For sale
No Jetta's in Projects
No Jetta's on Club stands
No Jetta's In Mk1 Chat

There has never been a rule to stop Jetta owners or anyone else for that matter becoming members and using the forums for information, they can even show their cars in Gen Chat i personally don't have a problem with anyone asking tech questions in the relevant sections on the forum too.

Back to the top

chudd said

Hi sorry we have an agreement with the Jetta forum chairman not to include Jetta related items .

Quote from site ………….

Jetta Chairman found it strange we where discussing this as they don't get anyone who solely owned a Golf wanting to become a member of their site.

THE BOTTOM LINE

No Jetta's For sale
No Jetta's in Projects
No Jetta's on Club stands
No Jetta's In Mk1 Chat

There has never been a rule to stop Jetta owners or anyone else for that matter becoming members and using the forums for information, they can even show their cars in Gen Chat i personally don't have a problem with anyone asking tech questions in the relevant sections on the forum too.

T 8)

Back to the top
Some people need to get a grip Mk1 GOLF owners club, not jetta.  If you want to read about jetta's go and look at the Jetta OC, same goes for any other type of VW.  It's not called a golf - neither is the caddy.

Back to the top
So are rabbits banned aswell? I know this all seems stupid and I can appriciate the Jetta owners club views. I just feel as a club we sometime can seem very heavy handed, and some of the posts from well respected members are very intimidating. But rules are rules. Should make for a good topic of conversation at the Annual Gathering.

Back to the top
politics dont it just suck oh well looks like your not wanted sloww lol

Back to the top
Nothing wrong with talking about other cars in General Chat.  Your Mk1 Golf, Cars & Projects is for Mk1 golfs.

Banner

Back to the top
so its ok for him to show us his build thread in car chat so me can talk about it ??????

Back to the top
That is exactly what I was thinking, can the thread be moved to the general chat section and unlocked ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
:lol:

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
Why did it not just get moved into the general chat, which has a thread about another jetta coupe build.  

Also if the jetta is not a golf then this thread should be move out of the mk1 golf chat   :lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
just moved to general chat

thing is if the Jetta project threads were all in general chat then it would be full of them

I think that if a Golf owner also owned a golf and wanted to show it off the General Chat is the place to do so not start a project thread

but if the person with the only owns a jetta then the Jetta owners Club is the place to put up a thread on their projects

:)

Banner

Back to the top

bens_cab said

feel your pain mate i get it

mk1 golf convertible is ok
mk1 JETTA not ok
mk1 CADDY not ok

i think Ben's onto something here

Back to the top
This place is just silly, moved to general. Next I'll have to wear a collar and shoes to post.

I found this forum when i had my mk1 polo, everyone seemed helpful with tips for my restoration.
Now, i wouldnt have dreamed of putting a thread on here about my mk1 polo.

As soon as i got my mk1 golf with a boot i was straight back on here. I found people to be more helpful and it to be a more active forum than the jetta one.  Mainly because my jetta, sorry golf saloon is a 2 door and that makes 90% of it the same as a mk1 3 door golf.

I have taken so much information from this site and brought lots from the for sale section, my car has more golf parts now than jetta parts.
Up until now i have found this forum to be very helpful and supportive of my car.

The reason i started a build thread on here is because i had some pm's and people at shows tell me they'd really like to see my car.
Its called Your Mk1 Golf, Cars & Projects, so i assumed mine came under "cars & projects".

I met up with golf owners yesterday and parked up with them at dubs in the park, they were all nice people and had no problem with my boot.

Again i have had plenty of people ask me to come to your MK1 golf annual gathering, i would assume i'm not welcome there now either.

Look left at your add for the show, Calling All Dub Fans!    Yeah right!

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.