Skip navigation

Scottish Speedfair & Classic Festival mk1 stand

Back to the top

Scottish Speedfair & Classic Festival mk1 stand

All set and ready to go!  Looking forward to it, just hope there is no showers!

Hey Dunc it's not worth it man,

If you're keen to go, you could meet us there at 8 and share a lift with me.

I dont mind.

Let me know,

Simie.

Back to the top
Quick update for use.

I know it's probably a silly risk to take, but I really want to take the car to a show. Just spent my whole afternoon cleaning it and polishing etc so i'm just gonna take the risk. I was driving the car for 2 weeks before i realised it's MOT was actually due so i'm hoping i'll be ok.  Thanks for the offer S84, much appreciated.

I'll see use all there for 8:00
Weather is looking to be pretty damn hot so it should be a good day.

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top
Hope everyone had a good day today and got home safe, I had a brilliant time and it was good to meet up with you all. I've just orginised and picked out some of the best photo's that I took today, so here's a we selection for you.

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top
8) photos
had a great day
you might want to post your photos on this link as well
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86249&highlight=
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Nice pics

I made a list of the next shows a while back so I dont miss them. Should definitely get another couple meets sorted

JULY
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th - Glamis Extravaganza
Saturday 24th - Arbroath Spectacular

AUGUST
Sunday 1st - Glenisla Classic Vehicle Club Show
Sunday 22nd - Fife Vintage Vehicle Owners Show, Ladybank
25th Saturday - 26th Sunday - Callander Classic Car Show
Sunday 29th - Mearns Vintage Vehicle Show at Edzel

SEPTEMBER
Sunday 12th - Farming Yesteryear Show at Scone, Perth
Saturday 11thy and Sunday 12th - ' Bo'ness Scotland Hill Climb Revival, West Lothian

Back to the top
Good man
ross
I havnt heard of most of them events
Will google search them later
cheers

Back to the top
I will be at glamis show next weekend,I'll say hello if Anyone is going ,went last year and had a good weekend

Back to the top

BomberG said

I will be at glamis show next weekend,I'll say hello if Anyone is going ,went last year and had a good weekend

Hi
welcome to the site
im not going to Glamis im working
But are you up for going to MK1 meets?
cheers
baz

Back to the top
So who is going to Glamis then? Im going on Sunday as Im working on Saturday..

Back to the top

Back to the top

ross_m said

So who is going to Glamis then? Im going on Sunday as Im working on Saturday..

I'm going on Sunday Ross. Not been for a long time so really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
I'm well up for meets,will be at glamis this weekend,not sure if going in cabby ,will post up pics of it in relevant section as not sure on the standard it needs to be ,it's all original panels

Back to the top
Hi all,

ill be showing my car at the weekend both Sat and Sun.

I should be on the SVVC (Strathmore Vintage Vehicle Club) stand.   They're the folk who organise the event, I asked them about showing my car and they recommended I join the club and that would be the easiest way.  

Maybe next year we could have a MK1 stand!?

Say hello if you come along, fingers crossed for good weather, bring some boots / wellies if its wet on the day!

Simie.

p.s.  
Bomber,  
any Mk1 in any condition is welcome on any meet, dont worry about that, as long as your out in your Mk1 then folk on here are happy!

did you say Cabby?

oh!

Bring the 225 man! lol only kiddin`.

Back to the top
pics of cabbie are up .ill pop by and say hello at glamis

Back to the top
I had my car at Glamis for both Sat and Sun.

I was hainging around on my own and so offered to do a job, ended up having to gelp the guy on the club gate direct all the different cars to the different stands.  The hardest 2 hours of my life (on Sunday) and the fastest, over 400 cars!! Im not offering next time.  Hopefully ill be driving in the gate to the Mk1 Stand!

Sorry if i missed anyone, I got bored hanging around the car on my own, so did a good bit of walking around.  Didn't meet anyone from here.

Here's some pics,  

the guy who was offering the hire of the Caterham, ended up having his board a bit closer than i first seen, im sure it was to get more folk interested!

The Bettle was the raffle prize, the same guy who was selling tickets,  told me that lots of folk were saying they'd buy a ticket if the prize was my golf, lol.

M3 was a left hand drive E30 import, prob one of the few cars id rather have than my golf, might consider the Cossie too!

Back to the top
nice one
Was yours the only mk1 gti?
cheers

Back to the top
Hi s84
were you only the mk1 gti there out 400+ cars ? any more  8) photos to share?
cheers
baz

Back to the top
I didnt make it there :cry: Had to work. I'll be there next year though..

More pics?

I have seen pics of a row of beetles but I dont think there were many other vws there? We definitely need a stand there next year

Back to the top
Hi

Was there on the Sunday for a while.

S84 - Some how i managed to miss your motor ! I must be blind…or was still a bit hungover.

Did find what i thought was the only Mk1 Golf there. A sweet looking Cabby.

I think they would be fine with a Mk1 Golf stand next year.

The pics i took are below for those interested.

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
Hi
Thanks for sharing the photos
I would love a Shot of that lancia hf turbo for a weekend , Just a shot , i wouldnt want the cost of trying to run or maintain it .
cheers
baz

yeh , def up for a club stand at this event next year.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.