Skip navigation

Cabby wind deflectors

Back to the top

Cabby wind deflectors

Ade has answered the the technical bit (I was going to but he beat me to it!! :lol:)

Re the windbreak, on long drives I move my seat right back for added leg room…. I'm not the tallest 5'8" and the seat back does test against the horizontal bar of the windbreak plus the verticle. It doesn't seem to matter because the fixing at the bottom are elasticated and allows the cover to move slightly.

Back to the top
Thank you (both).

I guess I'll just have to suck it and see; serves me right for being too big for the car!

Back to the top
I have the M model which goes straight down so I can put things on the back seat and keep my child seat in the car, as the screen goes all the way down and there is movment in the screen you may be alright but I'm no where near as tall as you so I can't be sure. The M model is very good and I get no wind coming back through to the front and can drive along the motorway with out my wife complaining about her hair.
In the winter months it rolls up and clips to the front of the back seat so is tucked out of the way, had mine for 10 years and it still looks good.
One like this.
http://www.golfgtisportline.com/index.php/product/bodi-m-wind-deflector-mk1-golf-convertible/

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks Mark!

Looks like I'll be rolling the dice, whatever I go for. Good to hear the M getting some representation too.

I guess it'll all come down to whether or not the seat protruding into the deflector distorts the shape enough to prevent sufficient area coverage of the b-pillar/roll-bar. It looks like both the M and the XL will have the same issue, but perhaps the M, with it's lower cost, is less of a gamble for someone like me?

Being in Australia doesn't help - return postage is prohibitively expensive.

I should stop moaning - these are very much first-world problems.

Back to the top
Shughy  is the fella you need to speak to chaps … 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
I've got one in transit to New Zealand shipped last week.  :thumbs:

If you are interested drop me an email to my site and I can give you the best quote possible from a number of different courier options.

I have the XL option on my Sportline. I like the fact it covers the rear seat. Handy for any bags or jackets etc.

Thanks guys.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.