Skip navigation

Cabby wind deflectors

Back to the top

Cabby wind deflectors

My cabby is about to become my daily, so looking to get a wind deflector to allow me to get the roof down a lot more!

Been looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Golf-MK1-Cabriolet-Convertible-M-Wind-Deflector-/190388078386?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c54038732#ht_1775wt_1096

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Golf-MK1-Cabriolet-Convertible-XL-Wind-Deflector-/190388079308?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c54038acc#ht_1844wt_941

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on whether to go for the M or XL.

What are the benefits/drawbacks of each?

Cheers,
Andy

Back to the top
i've got an XL and its amazing the roof is down all the time even when cooled as you simply don't feel the breeze

and also the heat seems to stay in the cab

i would recommend them to everyone with a cabby brill bit of kit

hth :)

Banner

Back to the top
Another recomendation for the XL from me.

Also stops the draft coming through round the side and bottom of the seats so are fantastic at keeping you and passenger warm. Can even chat with the roof down without raising your voice, well up to about 70.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i've got an XL and its amazing the roof is down all the time even when cooled as you simply don't feel the breeze

and also the heat seems to stay in the cab

i would recommend them to everyone with a cabby brill bit of kit

hth :)
:imwithstupid: (no offence)! have seen jelly's XL…it is amazing! very smart and tidy bit of kit :D
dazZlE

Banner

Back to the top
XL....way the best, worth every penny, got one for each car.....

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Another vote for the XL from me!  :dance:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Whats the difference between em?

Back to the top
the M only goes behind the seat that i think would still allow wind to get through

XL all the way :)

Banner

Back to the top
I too have the XL I think that if I were to buy a wind deflector now I would definately stump up the extra and get the XL! definately worth the extra IMO

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
can somebody take a pic of theres or show me how they work, pretty keen to make an investment..didnt hot tuning use to sell these on here?

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
If I get time I will try n post a piccie of mine tomorrow but I am pretty busy though. They are really very easy to install and they do look pretty sauve and held nice and taught (plus it has the added bonus of closing off the back seats - I 've had mine egged round the rear seats & speakers before now)

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
picture below off the bodi xl, also check post out for more pictures.
Might be worth asking others who are attending a get together to bring one along so you can take a close look.
ensure you know what the manufacturer is, might be some copies knocking around by now.
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62356&highlight=

Back to the top
The XL's great as it allows you to still use the rear seat to store bags/coats/steering lock etc, with an M you wouldn't be able to reach through from the front to the rear as the deflector drops down behind the seat.

The other bonus is added security - you can leave things on the back seat and they aren't visible, especially if you drop the upright from the roll bar down into the footwells.

Top bit of kit.  :dance:

EDIT - Just thought, it might not be as stealth if you have cream/beige seats - mine are black so it makes it nice and dark under the XL.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Thanks for all the responses.

Looks like XL is the way forward after my next pay packet! :)

Back to the top
Ordered the Bodi XL and it is definitely worth the money!

Thanks again for all the helpful advice!

Back to the top
glad your happy with the purchase, youve just had a great week to try it out!!! :D

Back to the top
Yeah it's had a lot of use already!

Shame the weather has turned bad this week :(

Back to the top
Gents,

What a thread to resurrect…

I'm actually a member of this forum already, but I can't remember my details and the 'forgot password' function doesn't apparently result in me receiving an email!

The question I have is, if the driver's seat is fully back and reclined slightly (I'm 6'2" and it's a bit of a tight squeeze) does it/will it interfere with the deflector?

From experience, headrest and upper seat would reside on the other side (rear) of the B-pillar and according to photographs, this would obviously be a conflict.

Have any of you guys got any experience with this? I'm not sure I would physically fit in the car if I had to keep the seat forward of/level with the roll bar/B-Pillar.

I'd love to get a deflector for the car, but obviously it's a very expensive piece of equipment if I am unable to use it because it effectively doesn't fit!

Your thoughts are very welcome!!

Back to the top

Cabby wind deflectors

Hi,
The reason that you are not getting club emails is that yahoo thinks that they are spam. To solve this you need to tell yahoo that emails from noreply vwgolfmk1 .org.uk are not spam. Or create another email account with someone like gmail and use that on your club account.
Once you have your emails sorted I can merge your two accounts with us back together :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.