Skip navigation

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

Back to the top

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

AL_Mk1 said

NO NO NO NO NO….

LED's don't suit it IMO.

They do look subtle once you see them for real bruv…complements the colour of the car

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
I'll have to see it in the flesh then…

I'll take you word for it for now!

:-)

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

I'll have to see it in the flesh then…

I'll take you word for it for now!

:-)

Thank you Sir AL…………me Golf will stay away from Hal frauds front door  :wink:

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
spent about 2 hours giving the inner headlining a good clean tonight

Tip 1 tub of swarfega
Tip 2 nail brush
Tip 3 damp cloth
Tip 4 buy a new nail brush before the misses finds the one i have used….. its a bit manky

Came up mint…. sorry no pix of b4 but will take one after the treatment

Back to the top
Fitted new headlights tonight….refitted grill and a new eyebrow spoiler….all the little bits coming together  :lol:

Back to the top
Not done much over the last 2 weeks

Me new number plates came today so got em straight on!

Waiting now for pay day to get the golf finished

New set of wheels
Interior refit - should have them back end of April
New Carpet
New rear door cards
New outer mohair roof
MOT and Tax
Then enjoyo  :P

Back to the top
Removed last remaing seat today…golf not going anywhere for a week or so
Should have all my seats back from the trimmers next week ?

Interior all out….have ordered new carpet….hopefully have it in before the seats return

Back to the top
Picked up my seats from the trimmers
Looking forward to fitting them in, but got to wait another 3/4 weeks to get my new carpet  :(

Back to the top
Fitted up me new rims today…they do remind me of the Zender wheels that were fitted to some GTI engineering cars in the early days…although not the same but similar

The off set is quite deep so me tyres are now slightly stretched…looks so much better filling the rear arches

Back to the top
Mate you must be over the moon with how its all coming together now.

Is that a new front grill and lower splitter? There looking really black.

Back to the top
Had the lower splitter re-furbed due to some scuffs and put the colour back into it.....and cleaned up the grill... 8)

Back to the top
I got some proper stuff to sort your black bits out……when your passing let me know  :D

Back to the top
Sounds good mate.

I was going to buy new bits but looking at your grill ill try the stuff you got.

Back to the top
My New carpet turned up today
Got straight onto it

Not as easy as i thought…………..a right obble to get it in…still a bit of fettling and cutting to get it nice n tight……messy job that sray glue   :cry:

Cleaned up the rear seat belts yesturday….looking nice and new…..fitted in the rear seats

Managed to fit the drivers seat b4 it got dark

Back to the top
popped in the last seat…fitted the lower console…few bits n pieces to go….nearly there  8)

Any slight dirty finger mark…..out comes the wet wipes…….Think I will b4 tever trying to keep the interior clean :cry:

Back to the top

Spent most of the evening cleaning all the glass with a stanley blade !…..A few years of crap stuck on there…..looking pretty mint now  8)

Back to the top
Coming together nicely now mate.

I got to take the front part of my carpet out one day to make it fit more snug.

Whats the stuff you got the black trim?

Your keeping me in suspense :-)

Back to the top
pm me your contact number ?............if you are about you can pick some up ASAP....bring a container though

Back to the top
Im off work all next week mate.

Give us a ring if you want me to pop round to have a look at my roof.

Back to the top
Ok…time for an update….not done anything since the winter came along last year

I have refrained from ordering a new outer hood for the last few months as I have been on the look out for a power hood " frame"

Almost gave up hope of finding one…was about to order a new hood last friday morning…but found a power hood frame on flea bay last thursday night…biding due to end last night…

I sourced the rams…pipes and hydraulic motor several months ago as these items had been sold prior to my ownership of my golf….the bloody frame went too!…

Anyways…took a chance to remove the manual hood yesturday afternoon

The replacement frame was listed on flea bay due to end 8.30 last night…located in Melton Mowbray a good 3.30 hour drive away…….thought sod it jumped in the car yesturday afternoon and off I went..

Got to the blokes lock up about 7 ish…..told me it was a fabric hood but it is vinyl ….not best happy about that one……………….but the hood frame was complete even down to the hydraulic motor…pipes and rams!!!……………fully working too!!!!……..do'nt need these so they will be back on flea bay in the week….should cover the cost of the frame and fuel  :wink:

Anyways spent the morning fitting the frame

Then spent all afternoon cleaning it

Half Cleaned to show you the difference

Finished

Still got the inner head linning to do….think I'll call it a day and wash the kitchen bowl as it's stinking………….before the misses gets home   :roll:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.