Skip navigation

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

Back to the top

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

Mortz said

BigNormRivage said

Really looking forward to seeing this finished.

Cant wait to get mine painted later this year.

Been looking at your pix too…..your new carpet looks clean!…best u buy a pair a slippers just for the Golf ! :wink:

Im suprised its still spotless.

Went to have a chat with the guy that done yours earlier today.

Gave me a quote (without any hidden nasties popping up once the arches ect are taken off)

Very happy with the setup hes got there, plus the length of time he wants the car shows hes not going to rush it.

Just got to save the cash now.

Back to the top
Finished off refitting the kit and bumpers tonightA few bits and bobs to finish it off …..friggin cold in that garage!

Back to the body shop week wednesday for a 3000 grit mop n polish….should have a top class finish once done  8)

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Looking great mate.

What sideskirt seal trim did they use?

Or is it the original one reused?

Back to the top
Original re-used they are ok but not mint.....would have like to get hold of some new ones though :cry:

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
I dont think they are available anywhere.

Ill gave to keep my eye open for some.

Ill let you know if i do come across any.

Back to the top
Had the Cab back from the body shop after it's final prep on the paint
Looks shiney shiney….get some proper polish on it next

Next on the list of jobs
Refit some exterior trim bits n pieces - started to do this today

next on the shopping list

Interior re-trim
New Hood
Nice set of wheels n tyres

Back to the top
Is that a crease in the bonnet, Mortz…?   :dontknow:

:wink:

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Bloody hope not ….think i got a wonky window sill  8O

Back to the top
I hate seeing your updates, makes me want to get mine in the bodyshop NOW lol.

On a serious note, its looking very very nice mate.

Look forward to seeing the finished thing.

Back to the top

Mortz said

AL_Mk1 said

LOL - I'm pulling your leg.

Which window sill is wonky? Under the rear where the repair was done?

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Mortz said

AL_Mk1 said

LOL - I'm pulling your leg.

I Know :wink:

Which window sill is wonky? Under the rear where the repair was done?

Back to the top
A few coats of the shiney stuff and a machine buff  x a couple of hours later

Back to the top
Fantastic paint job Mortz ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Oh my word!!!  Who needs a mirror in the morning when you can use your cabby?!!  Looking sweet as :D

Back to the top
Cheers all….well happy with the finish….cost me a friggin fortune…..will post costs once the cab is driving into the sunset  :wink:

Back to the top
Hey, but you got the car for peanuts so it's all good!  N looks well worth it…I need to get saving

Back to the top
Guess your right……….if carlsberg did paint jobs this would probably be one of the best paint jobs in the world  :roll:

Just thinking how many beers I could have bought instead  :(

Back to the top
Thought I'd update the lighting with some White LED's

Changed 1 front side light to show you the difference  

Back to the top
looks good ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
NO NO NO NO NO….

LED's don't suit it IMO.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.