Skip navigation

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

Back to the top

Mortz Mk1 Cab Restoration

looks good mate

Back to the top

The Golf is going for prep n paint on Sunday ….think it will be a few weeks before I get it back…..gives me some time to count my penny jar anyways  :(

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
lookin good.. :lol:

Back to the top
Neath Abbey Body Auto Repairs " Neath South Wales"

DAY 1……………….Sunday 4th July

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Gathering Dust

Making a Start

Back to the top
Bloody hell, that's a lot of work going on.

Looking good so far.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Bloody hell, that's a lot of work going on.

Looking good so far.

ummmm I know…scary….. dings and dents all over the place…..these guys are fussy ….so am I  :roll:

Body work has suffered a lot…..has had some remedial repairs over the years which where a bit crap……tonnes of imperfections going on

Back to the top
Where in neath you having the work done?

I'm going for a bare metal respray towards the end of next year.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Where in neath you having the work done?

I'm going for a bare metal respray towards the end of next year.

Neath Abbey body auto repairs behind where watts tyre centre used to be " as you may know it's been knocked down "

Mal is the owner nice chap once you get to know him…not always keen on resto work as he is always busy with insurance work as most reputable body shops are these days..so be prepared for a few weeks wait to get it back……worth the wait though :-)

Depends on hours work on your golf he will always give you an estimate and never give you a fixed price……… a little worrying I know but they are good at what they do

Back to the top
Ah I know the place, I think some mates have had work done there before.

Yeah its going to be a lengthy wait but worth it in the end.

I've decided to go to a car restorer in hirwaun.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Ah I know the place, I think some mates have had work done there before.

Yeah its going to be a lengthy wait but worth it in the end.

I've decided to go to a car restorer in hirwaun.

that was a quick decision !…let us know how you get on  :lol:

Back to the top
lol, I decided to go there a few months ago after going to see some of his work.

After reading back my other comments it did sound like I hadn't made my mind up lol.

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

lol, I decided to go there a few months ago after going to see some of his work.

After reading back my other comments it did sound like I hadn't made my mind up lol.

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

no worries…..I see you are local….keep in touch

Regards

Paul

Back to the top
Making Good Progress

Hoping to have the Golf back in the next 2 weeks

Back to the top
Can't wait to see it complete mate.

Can't wait to get the ball rolling next year on mine now.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Been primed over last weekend…blocking and flatting to go…should have some fresh paint in the next 7 days or so :-)

Front screen to come out before paint

Back to the top
Its coming along nicely now mate.

Bet your itching to get it back.

Back to the top
Hey Paul… Was wondering if this had any paint on it yet!

Nearly there now…

Back to the top
this is why i would love a garage . nice job mate will be nice to see the final thing
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.