Skip navigation

Another mk1 thingy

Back to the top

Another mk1 thingy

Thanks charlie, (iv got spacers but it still rubs grr) maybee its the tyres/wheels i have on already.

Back to the top
What size spacers do you have? 1/2" should clear them fine and not leave you with wheel arch issues

Back to the top
I think my spacers are 1/2...iv got them on but the wheels are really tight. I will wind up the spring and see if that helps. Things you think will take 2 mins take hours and the oposit. Im sure its nothing a sledge hammer and 20 bottles of cheapest finest cider will do the trick.

Back to the top
Are they for a mk1 golf or just fit the stud pattern? vauxhall or something?

Back to the top
Finaly got the rear panel on and a brush and roller.

My home made "booth" worked surprisingly well.

Back to the top

Back to the top
cracking job yer doin on the repairs 8)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Alreeet Foxworth,I spend to much time in longlegs and the fantasy bar. I couldnt find a decent brush to paint with either....

Back to the top
cheers dub…be expecting engine related questions.

OHHH…

I could have a g60 engine..(needs a supercharger thoooo…) what ya recon? headache?

Back to the top

Back to the top
done and done  (almost)

The thing is…i cant get her running properly…its driving me insane. She runs BUT…back fires (iv checked the timing about 20 times) its over fueling,uses £10 of fuel in minutes when idling.

the oil light buzzer is driving me nuts..

anywho…nearly done if i can be motivated and have aenough £ (spent the lot in vegas like a fool).

any advice on the engine anyone?

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Foxy where ya been. Text ya a few times. BBC1 tue the syndicate I play josh get on I player ep 1 and 2. Golf running sort of

Back to the top
Awesome work, think that amount of rust would have scared me away.

Back to the top
i wish it scared me away now,neverrr again. I added everything up s few months ago…I spent over 7k on the thing…I could have bought a mondeo for that price….
…….NAAAAAA.

12 months MOT. Adviseries were,light alignment ta daaaa.

AND THEN!

Corner of the neighbours chimney fell off onto the roof grr. Prepped in the garden.

Things ive noticed about building your own car. When you are forced to take it to someone for a job I.e tyre fitting,wheel alignment,MOT,then,they generaly are thee most imcompitent people working on that specific day.

1 wheel alignment: The track rods and rack are brand new,he turned and turned them until the track rods unscrewed off the rack,pulled the gaiters off to get them back on (which were a pain to fit even on a vice) but alas he couldnt get the track rods back on. "you didnt tighten them" he said. "i did,they are brand new and mega stiff and im not an idiot" (i didnt say this i just sighed). He then drove it out and left me in the rain trying to fix it,then charged me £20 AND ITS EVEN WORSE….what…..the…fuck!

2,Tyre fitting. I got some brand new tyres for my Ronal turbos. The tyres have rotation on them,he mesed that up,3 all on one side, He put clip weights on instead of sticky weights,he drove it off the ramp,the clip weights caught the coilovers and ripped off. His diagnosis "yeah mate your wheels are too close to your suspension"..what…the….fuck!

3,MOT..he drove it in like a mad man…its very low…he ripped the exhaust clamp off as he did. He couldnt figure out how to alighn the lights,I did it myself. He couldnt get it in reverse "Something wrong here mate" (he was slamming it in first). AND…he was going to fail it because the wheel alignment guy pulled the rack gaiters off and didnt put them back on…what……the……fuck.

So in conclusion,if you want ANYTHING doing….

annnd relax…

Back to the top
so unlucky with the chimney, great work on the car! i painted my car the same 'primer' colour as the porsche! lol

Back to the top
Ahhh the primer colour,I've painted a few Porsches in primer since,it's defo grown on me. My faces macademia brown. If someone put a gun to my head and made me paint another mk1 then defo macy d mia.

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.