Skip navigation

Another mk1 thingy

Back to the top

Another mk1 thingy

Lots of work going on there!

Keep it up!

Back to the top
many thank youuus.

I think making this interweb thread related thing make sense is v difficult. indeed im compulexic.

Back to the top
you spent lots of hours on the car. i m sure it will be very beautiful mk1 :D

keep us posted :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Hi

thats how you put a new roof on a MK1 , i have wondered
well done for saving another MK1
good work
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Thanks Baz,i think i did it the long way,Fox's way is easier i recon. I hate the sound of an angle grinder haaa.

Back to the top
GTIcyprus thanks a lot.
   Iv been watching your thread….You put mine to shame. Not only do you have better weather and women (believe me i know) you also have done a lot better than i have. Mine consists of spot welds and cornflakes boxes.

Ahhhh Nissi beach.

Back to the top

blancomcr said

GTIcyprus thanks a lot.
   Iv been watching your thread….You put mine to shame. Not only do you have better weather and women (believe me i know) you also have done a lot better than i have. Mine consists of spot welds and cornflakes boxes.

Ahhhh Nissi beach.

oh yeah! i think someone have unforgettable memories :wink: when did you come to Cyprus?

also you right. i m working a little harder than u. But i m sure, you know that game better than me… :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
I went to Aiya nappa (gorgeous place ruined by the english).

Also,where did you find the rear beam anti roll bar straps? ebay?

Back to the top

blancomcr said

I went to Aiya nappa (gorgeous place ruined by the english).

Also,where did you find the rear beam anti roll bar straps? ebay?

i bought Eibach Anti Roll Bar kit. straps and bushes came with kit. But sometimes i see used ones on ebay. :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Does anyone find that rebuilding your car costs $$$$…(i cant find the pound sign on my laptop). I bought some g60 calipers CH CHINNNG.

Fitted my refubied rear beam (it got covered in dust and ooks worse than it did.

My spupidly expensive calipers (or caliper) grrr

Finaly got the brake lines done

Back to the top

Back to the top
hi

a lot of good hard work
i like how you have done the rear axle/tank etc in silver , it makes all the good work stand out , i did mine in black & its impossible to take a good photograph.

baz

Back to the top
yeah i know what you mean. It looks alright then you take a pic and it looks the same as it was. My cars in a barn,we have waterleaks,dust,a squirrel and no room.

I was gonna do mine black but then i decided to paint the car silver prob be another 10 colours before i decide.

Back to the top
Awesome car buddy. I wish i had half the skill you have. Good luck with the build and I'll be watching in amazment  :D

1983 Golf 1.3 driver

Back to the top
Thanks Dave, Its more hammer and masking tape thatn skill lol.

Your in poole? Ahh i have fondish memories of hamworthy.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cheers Foxy,I just copied your thread lol. Im in bury (its me again,i got a door n bonnet off ya).

(how much are you looking for the rear panel n screen…price me up price me up)

Back to the top
BACK ON THE GROUND> FINALY>

RIPPED THE BACK OUT OF IT>

painted up the new old new 16v servo

im on the worst budget ever since people realised theres a credit crunch etc and stopped crashing there cars grrr. SO i plumbed my own fuel lines. Pirtek.com have tonsss of fuel fttings. i just popped along with my fuel pump/accumulator and bought these,£12 quid crimped onto a high presure fuel hose for the fuel pump to accumulator line instead of £30. I made the entire fuel supply and return for £31.

Primed the gearbox IN ZINGA

Does anyone know how to solve this rubbing issue?

Back to the top
DOes anyone know if the g60 calipers will fit inside ronaldo turbos?

Back to the top
Spacers or a different offset on the wheels will sort the rubbing issue
Looks a great project well done mate
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.