Skip navigation

silver 1.6 gti

Back to the top

silver 1.6 gti

Thought i might show some pics of my mk1 which i restored about a year ago.Now my daily it is a 1.6 gti…

when i started it..

Back to the top
hi bud, don't know if it's just me bein thick! but i can't get your link to your pic's to work? and i'd love to see your car, maybe someone can help, take care  :)  al

Back to the top
Yeah i am not to sure on how to up load the pics...i am useing photobucket ??i will try and sort it..

Back to the top
on photobucket under the photo there are 4 text boxes

copy the bottom one the IMG code and simply paste it on this site

hth

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
sorted nice one,.... this is how it looks at the moment.

Back to the top
lovely looking car :)

you got any before pictures as well

Banner

Back to the top

some before pics done all the work my self polly bushed it converted the drums to discs new brake lines through out discs and pads new fuel lines through out..Did have to get someone to weld the rear arches..

Coilovers went on..

Took it for its mot like that..only failed on a couple of bulbs

Back to the top
Drove it around looking like this for a month and thought i gotta spray it properly..

put my bros gotti cups on…

So i borrowed a bit of space near where i work to give it a proper spray didn't come out to bad..It is alot of work don't know if i would do it again…

Make shift booth haha

rolled it out in the sun to bake

Old dash out

new one in

sprayed up a couple of things

As i work with fiberglass i made up some doorcards and small bumpers and end caps.. got the mold for the bumpers of a 78 golf i had..

engine is standard.. 4 to 1 and and a jetex system.. changing the wheels asap so the ronals will be going up for sale.. will get some pics of the interior soon..

Back to the top
the pic's were worth waiting for bud,  really nice lookin car, and the fibreglass bumpers are impressive! well done, keep us updated,  :)  al

Back to the top
WOW….. I love silver and that looks super clean…. maybe I should get my rear in gear and sort mine out lol.  Stunning mate!!

Back to the top
Very clean!  Are you planning on putting the hatch and side decals with flares back on?

Back to the top
nice work mate don't suppose youve thought about producing any more of those bumpers ??

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guy's yeah i was thinking of putting the decals back on still can't decide what to do..Do you think i should??

As for the bumpers yeah i could make up a few sets.. gonna try and get some carbon fiber ones done now when i get time..The mold is not mint as the bumpers i copied had a few dings and dongs in them still look good enough though..

Just got my self another mk1 1.1 on a y body is mint..will get some pics up asap…G60 i think do it better than this one..can't wait to get it started..

Back to the top
Nice job but you should change the air exhauster.
This one doesnt fit very nice to this very nice MKI  :roll:   :borg:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.
FEEL FREE TO VISIT US ON www.golfmk1.com.hr

Back to the top
drop me a line about the bumpers if you decide to make some mate I'd fancy a set for my cabby

Back to the top
Dude make me a set of black bumpers for less than bigboystoys and your quids in. Can't bring myself to spend £300+ on two bumpers.

Back to the top
Nice one lads yeah will get on and make some up and give you a shout see what you think…Good thing about fiberglass it don't rust…

Back to the top
love the car looks great. i would be interested in a set of bumpers if the price is right pm me please about the bumpers. :lol:

Back to the top
im with everyone else. thos bumpers would be mint!

nice build by the way. i love seeing a car before and after spray makes me NEED to spray mine :P

let us know about thos bumpers tho yeah?

cheeers

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.